This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD6

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD6
    Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 8:14pm
Looked at a 1965 HD6 by the ad, it is at the same dealer in Versailles Mo as the HD4 I missed last; great looking machine, looks to have the Buda engine or at least a A/C unit in it as it is not two stroke.  It seems to move and steer fine, the track chains and drive sprockets are newer if not new and the rollers look great, I am just scared at the price tag of $12,000.  Zimmerman Tractor has it; thoughts?
Sponsored Links

giz's hd-6ep View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giz's hd-6ep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 9:40pm
must be really nice pretty hefty price 
Ages Cat View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ages Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 10:33pm
I spoke to them yesterday. The guy told me the engine had been changed/replaced  as well as the radiator. 
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 5:32am
DMiller. I'm going to PA this weekend to help a friend get orginized to sell a number of A-C crawlers. He has a real nice HD-4 with a 6 way blade. I'll have more info and pictures next week if you are interested.
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 8:30am
Lot of $$$ for a older machine, remember this is direct drive, hand clutch , hand steering clutches,  not modern controls .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Osage_Orange View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Osage_Orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 8:57am
In addition to what Coke said, if a HD6 is like a HD5, it is slow........both the hydraulics and ground travel speed............FWIW...........O_O
Why is there never time to do it right the first time, but always time to go back and fix it?
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 12:01pm
That is a steep price for an Hd6.  That year could have the power assist steering.  Can they tell you the motor year?  The later ones had some  changes in the bottom end.  Does it have the newer ceramic steering clutches? They are dry and have a tendancy to stick if they set for a little while.  I have watched HD15's sell for much less.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 3:20pm
Thanks for the inputs, I have been leaning away from this one just for price, I can get a closer to our farm 11B FA for a few thou more, it is quite the horse.  I was just considering and had no idea if it was close to right with all the 'new' road gear.

He had a HD4 loader a few weeks back, it sold for $5000 but needed considerable track work so another I passed on; figure I will just have to await the savings plan to afford newer.
Ages Cat View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ages Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 4:34pm
The Missouri HD-6 does not have power steering and brakes as it is a B. The E's had the  power assist steering and brakes after serial 14474. Right now is a good time to pick up a late model JD, FA or Case crawler as the guys are not using them for residential grading, etc. They are sitting. There was a late model FA16 B sold in Moorhead, MN last week, for 13,000.00. Near new undercarriage and nice looking machine.  
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 7:52pm
The 11B I am also looking at is in Salem Mo, the guy who has it also has a 14C and a few odd assorted pieces of equipment for sale.  Both have SALT tracks, have been well maintained and are work ready but are late 70's machines, he is asking for the 11B $18000, as he just o'hauled the trans and rebuilt the injection pump for better start/performance; I have been asking if he will drop the price but he is pretty stubborn.
Ages Cat View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ages Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 9:22pm
It takes some work to keep crawlers in shape, however It appears that they hold their value if they are good working machines. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic