This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD6 & HD7 track parts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD6 & HD7 track parts
    Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 11:02am
I have been searching for track parts for my equipment. I was able to find some old stock by contacting BERCO. I also contacted a manufacturing company in China that makes parts for BERCO. They will make the parts for an initial order of 50 sets. I have heard this story before but could not find the person or company to contact. I can not purchase 50 sets, I can only hope that there are 49 others that need the same track parts. This is not a gimic. Send me a PM
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 5:16pm
This would be HD5 and HD6 machines if - HD7 was a different pitch . 
Also thought IH uses a similar track on couple of their machines . 
What the configuration of the bolt spacing is for track pads from IH to AC would be factor if interchangeability 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Dozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 5:57pm
I inquired about both HD6G and HD7G track parts realizing that they are different. When I checked about other chain with the same pitch the problem was with rail height. The rail height was taller for the AC equipment. The problem with getting the parts manufactured is finding sales for 50 sets. It would have to be someone like Minpar. I was able to find pins and bushings for one chain and 4 used chains to keep my HD6G's going. My HD7G has a good undercarage but the machine stops moving when it gets hot so I have been working with my HD6's
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 7:21pm
Trans in my 7G has its issues too, no low Reverse, slips when hot in Forward low so I take it as it comes and try to live with the rails as is as there are minimal trans pieces available anymore either.  Minnpar has a few clutch plates and fibers, no seals, no shafts and no clutch housings so I am afraid to tear into mine or to buy a used one that I find is not repairable for the money.  Last used trans(not sure if functional) was out of Chartrand Tractor, they are down to one machine and pieces are just slimming up, cost for it was to be $1350.00 with no guarantees just something possibly rebuildable IF I could find internal parts.

I am afraid our old beaters are taking their last lickings from us, may not be a rebuild for any of them in the near term.
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 7:21am
If I can help for your HD7G am still have some used transmission and torque parts
Ages Cat View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ages Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 8:32pm
I have spoken to  contractors over the years that made their living with the 6G and 7G crawler loaders . They have nothing bad to say about them and were more reliable than other machines of the same size. 
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 1:48am
Hi Dave; with regard to traansmission parts; now i am no guru whatsover here. But i have a idea alot of the transmission parts were made by rockford clutch co. Which i believe was part of borg warner [??] Whether  any parts are available through them i don,t know.
Only reason i know this is that i was once told clutch plates were the same in HD11ep/b as IH TD15b/c beacause they were made by the same company. Later allis HD11s used rockford torque converters, but earlier ones used twin disc ones.
As for track gear us guys in the southern hemisphere can still get track gear for HD6s through our ITM [intertractor] dealer here, who gets his track gear from them in  Italy
tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
Dozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 7:48am
Thanks HD6 Merv
I sent an email to Intertractor North America this morning requesting a dealer source. I think I tried this before and they didn't answer. Can you find out if your dealer can ship to me in the US? Find out the price. At this point I can use (3) 39 pin and bushing sets. I think that there are others so maybe collectivly we could place a larger order.

PS Why don't you tell us how warm it is in the southern hemosphere so we can feel bad.
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 12:36pm
I've done quite a bit of research on HD11 track parts, and here is some of the information I have found, some of which might help with searching:
First of all, none of the old Allis parts show up in the new undercarriage catalogues, so the average dealer doesn't know they exist.  Example: I bought a set of sprocket segments from Minnpar for an 11-B (very expensive) and they were a Berco part.  Obviously, Berco has them, so I contacted Berco North America- no dice.  Finally, I found a dealer who would actually look into it, (it takes at least a day, as it is nightime in Italy during business hours here) and sure enough- these parts are still available, not in production, but stock still exists at the factory.  I found the same thing with pins and bushings for an 11-B.  I'm sure that other parts are available too, but you need to know the Berco part numbers, which I do not have, and you would have to find an old outdated catalogue to find them.  (I stumbled on the part number for the pins and bushings from looking at an Australian website)
I've been able to source these parts through Union Tractor in Edmonton, and HD11E, 11-B rollers are available through KTM, a Chinese outfit, with a minimum order of 36.

I'm curious to know what is available through ITM too... 

I'm actually pretty well heeled on track parts right now, thanks to this forum (due to a bunch of HD11Es being cut up for scrap in Iowa), but a guy never knows when he'll find another "project".
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 12:40pm
Merv- I've wondered about the transmission parts, and if they were made by Twin Disc or Rockford, the torque converter is no mystery, but the transmission is.  Good to know a little more info.
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 12:46pm
HD11 and 12G use the same clutch disks, don't know if they were used in any other models.
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 3:34pm
Has anyone checked with westrock company in little rock arkansas they were the allis chalmers/fiat dealer in little rock ar they still or did have a lot of oem parts in stock there number is 501-228-0330 mr jones is the parts man and he knows allis like the back of his hand
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 10:53am
Thought I would try to post the BERCO part numbers for lazyts to use ,these are for the 11E,B series. If he has someone who can track this stuff down, do it. If it works I'll post up the HD7G numbers maybe we can find sprockets and rollers

Dozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Dozer Dozer wrote:

Thanks HD6 Merv
I sent an email to Intertractor North America this morning requesting a dealer source. I think I tried this before and they didn't answer. Can you find out if your dealer can ship to me in the US? Find out the price. At this point I can use (3) 39 pin and bushing sets. I think that there are others so maybe collectivly we could place a larger order.

PS Why don't you tell us how warm it is in the southern hemosphere so we can feel bad.

Evidently Intertractor North America is too big to bother with an end user like me. They did NOT reply
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 5:27pm
Thanks Mel!
Steve allis dozer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve allis dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 8:57pm
Gday Lazyts , can you post some more info on the ktm track rollers please ? a link to there website or contact details
regards steve
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 3:48pm
I would be interested in any 7G numbers, if I can find new old stock may be affordable.
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2013 at 1:43am
Steve; guy we track gear from nz is jim keaney this is nz agent for itm
Hes got in new rollers and chains for HD6s. He sent a set of hd6 chains to a mate of mine in victoria
tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve allis dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2013 at 5:47am
Thanks Merv I will get in touch with him
regards steve
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2013 at 8:28am
Dozer, I had contacted ITM, and a few others as you did with Berco, actually called them and got the same responses verbally, it is as if they don't care to make a sale on these old machines, morons, there are a lot of our machines out in use, they could be selling rails and pads to a great deal of us if, IF they had stock in place.  Could be part of a agenda to try to move these out and newer machines in, keep the wheels of time greased and rolling.

I have a contact email into a local yard that has scrapped 7G units, as to trans parts for mine, if they don't I will get into contact with Hector Gemme here, he has a few pieces as of last count, may have to order up a whole trans to get a rebuild going while still using my machine.

Edited by DMiller - 13 Jan 2013 at 8:30am
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2013 at 2:13pm
Steve- I said KTM, my mistake- it's KTP
Ktsu for short, Kunshan Kensetsu Buhin for long, part number is AC1839.

I'm not sure if they have any distribution "down under" or not- here it is under KTP America, Union Tractor is the dealer in Canada, US dealers are Industrial Tractor Parts and Boyd and Sons.  I bought a set of these rollers to install on our 11-B, the dealer assured me they have had excellent results with KTP products on other makes of machinery.  The rollers look like the old Simmel rollers used to look- bushing construction but no drilled shaft for greasing.
One of the American Dealers ordered a run of about 100 rollers a couple of years ago, and that is where mine came from.  They are sold out now, not sure if they will be ordering more.
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2013 at 2:18pm
Note for the HD6 and 7G guys:  Weld on sprockets are still available from Henderson Mfg, Pittsburgh TX- they are on the web, www.hendersonmfgco.com 

Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2013 at 2:25pm
Incidentally, Henderson Mfg was the supplier of track adjusters to Allis Chalmers, so they are a good source for those parts as well.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 4:26pm
Got a email on a core transmission, potentially totalled inside but all parts on/in it,  Looked to minnpar, clutch plates are still available(most of them), a few seals so I would need to tear it apart and see if I can locate the small seals and seal rings from ahydraulics shop.  'Core' trans $550 and I pick it up in Redbud Il.

Edited by DMiller - 14 Jan 2013 at 4:26pm
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 5:35pm
I contacted ITM North America as well, concerning HD11 track parts.  Intertractor has basically abandoned the small crawler market in North America, due to price undercutting by Chinese manufacturers, and are now concentrating on mining machinery.  The lady I talked to says they quit making HD11 components in 2007.  She told me to contact Berco, and even gave me the Berco part number to check.  (which I already had from ACMel)  So I put in a couple of Berco numbers to my dealer just for kicks.
Turns out the Chinese ralis (Valuepart, ESS, etc) are much cheaper (about 70% of the cost of Berco), but are not intended to be rebuilt- you just run them to destruction, throw them away, and get new gear.
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve allis dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2013 at 4:44pm
Thanks for the info Lazyts , we haven't been able to get track rollers here for about 5 years the last one's were up to $600 EACH  which soon adds up, have been looking fitting cat d5 or komatsu d41 rollers they are the same size ecept for the bolt holes , maybe able to drill track frames or weld a threaded plate to bolt  them to .
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2013 at 6:57pm
Yeah, Steve- have heard of guys using D5 rollers by welding a bar onto the track frame.  Pretty sure you could bolt it on using recessed holes to make it work as well.
I heard back from Berco- they have discontinued the HD11 stuff, don't make the links any more, and there aren't enough left over to make a complete track.  Still some odds and ends of components left at the factory, but no significant amounts.  The only thing left is a couple sets of pins and bushings- 2500.00 Canadian.  Pretty expensive- the last set of pins and bushing I did was 1800 including installation.  Inflation, I guess...
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2013 at 7:00pm
I was quoted $275 Canadian each on the KTP rollers, with 36 piece minimum order, so the price is pretty good.
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 7:06am
I have a set track  with pads on with new pines and boushings and should have 25 bottom rollers in very good condition for HD9- 11 G-S-B-E-ES-F and am located near MONTREAL CANADA
edwin View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 9:37am
I have a 7g all it needs is engine repair. u/c 90%. found a complete engine for 1500. has a ripper will sell whole machine for 3800. or ripper for 1800 or loader only for 2500. if interested calls only 417-718-0766
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic