Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD5G

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 2:40pm
those filters on the right side are a 10" filter media used in AMF CUNO filter cans - I replaced the wound cotton filter with these - just cut them to proper length so can get 2 filters from each 10" filter . these come in sizes from 2 micron to 30 micron and are polymer materials with a polymer core that is pours. Have been using then since my supply of cotton wound filters was cut off - the small cotton filters were used as oil filters on the Centervac I had in building for cooling - you can also get the wound filters from oil burner gun to work in some instances . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 2:46pm
the spin on filters I use have a 3/4 - 12 screw fitting so I took 3/4 " bolts and drilled them out to accept 1/4 NPT fitting , then used a flat plate of aluminum and drilled it and tapped it for the 3/4" bolts to protrude through plate to screw filters onto exposed bolt , drilled and tapped another 1/4" NPT opening into plate area between inlet and filter gasket for return flow 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic