This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hd5g hydraulic pump

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baker84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hd5g hydraulic pump
    Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 11:09am
So the hydraulic pump in my hd5g is worn out. And i'm trying to find out what its displacement is? 

This is the pump I'm looking at.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 11:25am
Flow on the Hydreco pump is around 30 GPM at 1800 rpm and around 1200 psi. from what i remember .
 Early HD5G used a vickers vain pump but later was the gear pump
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
baker84 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baker84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 11:29am
Mine does have the hydreco gear pump. But looking up the pump numbers on the data plate haven't gotten me anywhere.
Dozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 11:51am
You should take your pump off and see if you can have a hydraulic repair shop rebuild it. Thr HD5 pump is large because it has to deliver large volume at low RPM. Max governed speed of your 2-71 GMC is 1800 RPM. The pump is designed to be rebuilt. It has wear plates with shim gaskets to compensate for end wear on the gears.
Good luck
baker84 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baker84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 11:55am
No it can't be rebuild, one of the bearings has started to go out chewing into the gears bearing surface and into the pump housing. It is shot. 
baker84 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baker84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 1:02pm
Well looking around the internet I found this handy gear pump displacement calculator.

And in measuring my already taken apart pump it looks like it is about a 3.46 c.i.r. pump

So what do you all think about this pump?

Is there a better place to purchase a pump from? I know I will have to adapt any pump I purchase because the original has this huge weird mounting flange on it.

Andrew_D View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 3:13pm
I'm not a hydraulic expert by any means, but the displacement looks alright. And it is rated continuous at 1800rpm which an earlier poster mentioned is the speed of your engine. I would think it would be fine.

Yes, it will require some adapting, but that's almost true of all repairs on these ol' machines! Will it physically fit without major modifications? Manufacturing mounting brackets are one thing, but major changes just because a pump is too wide or too tall or too long or because the hoses enter/exit differently can really be a pain!

Andrew

Edited by Andrew_D - 14 Jan 2014 at 3:16pm
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 4:36pm
Coke, I have the used pump off my second HD7G, Similar or same?

P/N 73029952 Hydreco type. Old P/N would have been 029952

Actually after digging thru the parts list is a Tyrone 70655190 Completely different.

Edited by DMiller - 14 Jan 2014 at 4:39pm
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 4:41pm
Did a p/n search for the earlier style for HD6/7G 73029952;

73029952 by FIAT ALLIS-REPLACEMENT - FIAT ALLIS ... - FinditParts

www.finditparts.com › Manufacturer › FIAT ALLIS-REPLACEMENT‎

FinditParts has FIAT ALLIS-REPLACEMENT parts like 73029952 for Trucks, Busses, Trailers, and Other Vehicles.

73029952 by INDUSTRIAL GENERAL MANUFACTURES - FIAT ...

www.finditparts.com › ... › INDUSTRIAL GENERAL MANUFACTURES‎

Only orders with an item total over $50.00 are eligible for this offer. 73029952 by INDUSTRIAL GENERAL MANUFACTURES - FIAT ALLIS HYDRAULIC ...

FIATALLIS part number 73029952 for sale - Newtonville, MA, USA ...

www.rockanddirt.com/parts-for-sale/FIATALLIS/.../invnum=194926076‎

FIATALLIS part number 73029952 in Newtonville, MA Quality Heavy Equipment Parts For Less. Search from 1000's of listings for FIATALLIS parts updated daily ...

Replacement Hydraulic Pump for HD6G; PN: 73029952

www.oilfieldsupply.com/product.php?pid=80098&cid=40‎

Quantity. Description. Replacement Hydraulic Pump for HD6G; PN: 73029952. Details. Part Number: 73029952. Manufacturer: Fiat Allis Delivery: 1 - 2 DAYS

73029952 - Fiat Allis Several - Parts for All

partsforall.com › Parts for Sale › Heavy Equipment Parts - For Sale‎

May 18, 2012 - FIAT ALLIS REPLACEMENT HYD PUMP; Fits Models: HD6G.

PARTS - PUMPS - FIAT-ALLIS - ALL - Contractors Hot Line

www.contractorshotline.com/.../Equipment.cfm?...FA...ALLIS‎

137 records - PARTS - PUMPS - FIAT-ALLIS - ALL - Contractors Hot Line has new and used ... Details, 73029952 FIAT ALLIS REPLACEMENT HYD PUMP ...

73029952 FIAT ALLIS REPLACEMEN - Tractor-Part

www.tractor-part.com/search?q=73029952%09FIAT+ALLIS...sitemap...‎

Tips for searching like a pro. Don't see what you're looking for in your search results? Here are some basic tips and tricks to help you find just what you want ...

73029952 - Tractor-Part

www.tractor-part.com/search?q=73029952‎

5+ items - Part #, Make, Model, Description, Price, Location, Dealer ...

Description

Dealer

Phone.

FIAT ALLIS REPLACEME

KY

IHM Used Parts

888-821-1817

FIAT ALLIS REPLACEMENT HYD ...

FL

E Forklifts

888-578-9068

All I did was type in Allis and the p/n, have you tried this?

Edited by DMiller - 14 Jan 2014 at 4:43pm
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 12:31am
I had found a Vickers pump for the HD5 but it took a special adapter to fit into the front pulley to drive it . I checked every place I could find for that part and came up blank.
 I returned the pump to the guy i got it from - he had been running 3 HD5G machines in their gravel pit and concrete operations but had sold 2 of them at the time and the unit they were using had the Hydreco pump.
 The cast front mount on the pump makes it hard to adapt and the placement below the hard nose and belly pan gives limited space to adapt .
 I now have a extra pump I picked up several years back but the wear plates showed scoring and so far I have not got around to doing much with it. The casting, shafts, and gears are all good but unsure of seals.
 Odd as about 12 years back I snow plowed for a hyd shop and took my hyd pump in to see if they could get me a little more pressure and check it over . Said pump was shot and funny it moved any oil at all - so i lapped the side plates and cut down some on the clearances and it's worked since . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Andrew_D View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 5:54am
Originally posted by baker84 baker84 wrote:

So what do you all think about this pump?

Is there a better place to purchase a pump from? I know I will have to adapt any pump I purchase because the original has this huge weird mounting flange on it.

Originally posted by Andrew_D Andrew_D wrote:

I'm not a hydraulic expert by any means, but the displacement looks alright. And it is rated continuous at 1800rpm which an earlier poster mentioned is the speed of your engine. I would think it would be fine.

Yes, it will require some adapting, but that's almost true of all repairs on these ol' machines! Will it physically fit without major modifications? Manufacturing mounting brackets are one thing, but major changes just because a pump is too wide or too tall or too long or because the hoses enter/exit differently can really be a pain!

Andrew

Was just looking it over again and wondered about the pressure? The pump says it will produce 3600psi. Can the valves, cylinders, etc on the ol' girl handle this much pressure? I thought these older machines were often designed to run lower pressure hydraulic systems - usually in the 1200psi range.

Andrew
TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 8:34am
3600 PSI is awful high for a gear pump.  I think that 2000 PSI would be reasonable for a maximum.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic