This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD5B pressure plate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD5B pressure plate
    Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 12:23am
Swapping engines on the HD5 today and came across something I haven't seen before. The clutch fiber disc was in good shape, but the pressure plate is cracked. It has the Auburn cluth in it. Now I gotta find a new one.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
Sponsored Links

CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 7:34am
zimmerman tractor in versailles MO should have one but you may find a yard closer

Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 9:29am
Thanks for the link. Gonna do some checking around here first, but if I don't find one I will give them a call.

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 9:42am
Unsure if I still have parts - had one that was stripped of other parts and missing a few things - unsure if I still have the plate out of it . depending on your rush - can check later next week if 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 11:12pm
Thanks Coke, that would be greatly appreciated! I was thinking about contacting you to see if you knew where I could find one. I may be looking for some steering clutch disc down the road.

gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2016 at 6:47am
I have a HD5 AUBURN pressure plate cluch with no crack,no lip but have a small spot rust heat
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2016 at 8:36am
Thanks for the response guys! If you want, pm me, and we could discuss price and shipping.

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 10:16pm
I found I could buy a new one from General Gear. When the wife heard that,she said 'Buy the new one! That way you won't have to work on it again!'. So I guess I will get the new one. You know the saying 'if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy'.
Thanks again for the offers anyway guys.

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 10:50pm
I had found a couple pieces I needed for one clutch through MINNPAR but other parts I had to make . 
 For the throw out bearing the 2 blocks that go into the arms which move clutch - I had to machine them myself . 
 The brass sleeve that goes into the throw out bearing collar I also machined from brass stock - one reason you want to leave clutch engaged and transmission in neutral when machine is setting and idling - that brass sleeve will wear if you dont.  
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Ages Cat View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ages Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2016 at 7:33am
General Gear is the place to go.
Curt Anderson
HD3, HD5B, HD6E, HD6AG,HD6B dozer, I-400, 615, 616,(2) 620, 720, ACP25 lift truck, 1956 D Special Grader, AC 540 loader, AC 655 crawler loader, AC #84 plow, Simplicity lawn tractors.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2016 at 9:17pm
Yep! Ordered pressure plate and clutch disc this morning. Hopefully will be here Friday.

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 9:22pm
Finally got around to rebuilding the clutch tonight. Was a piece of cake.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic