This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hd5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilson lane Farms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hd5
    Posted: 03 Apr 2022 at 3:55pm
We just got a hd5 with a baker blade I have a few questions I have manuals in the book says to use 50 weight oil in the transmission and left hand and right hand differentials can we use regular 80w 90 in the rear ends or do I need to get 50w also does anyone have a book for the Baker blades I would get a copy of I am having a hard time finding books for the blades thanks you Randy

Edited by Wilson lane Farms - 03 Apr 2022 at 3:56pm
Sponsored Links

Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2022 at 7:35pm
I have always used 80-90 gear oil in my HD 5. But we never get sub 0 weather, it can get in the teens but always gets above freezing in the afternoon. If you are thinking of pushing snow with it liter may be better. 

Baker company being long gone, just keep looking at places that have old tech type books like some sellers on Ebay and other places.

I have never been around a Baker blade, but have seen some at a distance. Other than the hydraulics not much to worry about that a welder cannot fix. If you need hydraulic repairs, you need a good hydraulic repair shop that can match old seals up to newer ones they can get by size. Old part numbers are not much good.
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 7:20am
80-90 is basically the same viscosity as 50w sae engine oil.   so not much difference unless you have alot of time below zero then maby 30w engine oil would be better
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic