This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD5 Hyd. Filter?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD5 Hyd. Filter?
    Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 5:23pm
Is there a Hyd filter and is it located in the tank
Thanks
Sponsored Links

Dozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 7:59am
Yes there are 2 filters in the tank. The air filter (Fram Ci38PL) is under the tank vent. The oil filter is under the dipstick. I do not use this filter. It looks to me like it only filters new oil as it is added. Last time I used that paper filter It broke apart and clogged the suction line strainer.

I would like to have one of the optional hydraulic filters that filter the oil returning to the tank.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 8:15am
Hi dozer, my old 7G uses that style filtration, the return oil from the pump is directed thru the filter while running, mine cannot be refilled while running and do not ask how I know!! I get my filter kits from Baldwin, the site for Baldwin will send you to a contractor to buy from I believe is Filtration Associates or something like that. I can still get all the filters for my 7G that no one else has numbers for including the full hydraulic kit with both cartridges, gaskets and seals. The lists had all the old Allis machines and will show if discontinued. Actually great filters.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 8:55am
NO-
strainer for big hunks-

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Dozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 9:31am
Dave
I uncovered my HD6 and removed the oil filter cover. I found that this HD6G did not have the aluminum can or the spring and washer. I did notice the port that would fill the filter can on the outside. I did not realize that this was an active filter. Does anyone have the parts I am missing? I should start using the oil filter.
Thanks
Gargoyle View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gargoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 9:38am
DMiller wrote " mine cannot be refilled while running and do not ask how I know!!"....

Ha!!! That was a great read to start my day.. Glad I wasn't sipping coffee when I read it..
Dozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 3:34pm
I took off the hydraulic tank covers on the other HD6G and the aluminum filter cases are missing from this machine as well. Does anyone have NAPA, Fram or other filter numbers for the (2) filters in the hydraulic tank? The Fram C138PL number from my notes may not be correct.
serioussam View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 3:51pm
Thanks for the response , also can someone help me locate the drain on transmission
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 4:08pm
The drain plug is  transmission center
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 4:34pm
HD5 and HD6 share a common casting for rear housing - beyond that , hyd  systems share nothing
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Dozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 9:19pm
Transmission drain is 3/8 NPT on the bottom center. I never had to drain transmission oil. Always had to add oil because everyone I owned leaked oil.
Dozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2015 at 7:09pm
The hydraulic tank filter kit is Bauldwin PT181 Thanks Dave
I was unable to locate the filter kit on the Bauldwin website but I did find PT181 filters on eBay for $25.34 I need the aluminum filter can
3016079 for both of my HD6G's. I also need the spring, washer and "O"rings. Anybody have them???
Dozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2015 at 11:15am
I need the aluminum hydraulic filter case # 3016079 for my HD6G. The picture in my parts book
shows the hydraulic filter as the longer case #13 Both of my HD6G's have what appears to be only the top of the filter case. A filter would fall to the bottom of the filter tank. Question: Is there more than one style of filter case for the hydraulic tank of the HD6G? My HD6G's are
1956 models. Suggestions as to where I can get (2) of these filter cases
Dozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2015 at 11:23am
Sorry about the picture. It looked OK on my computer before I posted it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic