This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD5 Fuel Lines / Fittings?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD5 Fuel Lines / Fittings?
    Posted: 02 May 2023 at 9:45am
Good Morning, does anyone know where to get fuel lines built that will work on the HD5 line in these pictures?  I have 3 I need to replace , the one pictured is about 11 inches long, the other 2 are about 29 inches long overall.  Both Male and female ends.  The all appear to have the same threads.  The manual I have lists some threads as 5/8-24EF.  Since the OD measures 5/8" (.625") I assume these ends are male and female 5/8-24.
Any leads on where to get them or build these would be MUCH appreciated?

Sponsored Links

JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 10:57am
I hate to tell you this, but I believe those fitting are made out of no-obtainium.

I had to replace some lines and I split and removed the sleeve over the hose and pulled the fitting out of the rubber, then pushed new hose onto the barb and put on a hose clamp. And did not waste the fitting. I couldn't find them in the stores either.

As for the lines that came from or went to the tank with copper lines, I cut back a ways from fitting and put a sleeve over that and the new line and soldered them and that held.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 11:04am
I hate to tell you this, but I believe those fitting are made out of no-obtainium.

I had to replace some lines and I cut and removed the sleeve over the hose and pulled the fitting out of the rubber, then pushed new hose onto the barb and put on a hose clamp. And did not waste the fittings. I couldn't find them in the stores either.

As for the lines that came from or went to the tank with copper lines, I cut back a ways from those fitting and put a sleeve over the pipe and the new line and soldered them and that held.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
AndyG View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 11:08am
Thank You, JC-WI.  I figured that is where I was heading.  Or re-flaring the tube and using current standard fittings.  Appreciate the response and sharing this work around!
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 11:20am
I have done as JC did with new hose. I believe the thread is a standard fine bolt thread. So it would be possible to build something if really backed into the corner.

It would be interesting to know if that hose was more Detroit Diesel or just a AC thing.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 7:28pm
Some of the fittings i ended up using part of old part and brazing a new standard fitting to old . . On others I just took it back to end where it was pipe thread and made up new lines to replace all the old . 
 Same with oil filter , I made a mount up and now use standard screw on canister fittings with 3/4 " thread . 

Edited by Coke-in-MN - 02 May 2023 at 7:31pm
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
AndyG View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 11:19am
Thanks everyone for the help, let's consider this case closed until the next time!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic