This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD3 Value

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanD17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD3 Value
    Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 6:21am
Hey everyone,

Just wanted some opinions on the value of my Dad's HD3 Crawler, he's thinking about seling it.  It has the bucket (with a new cutting edge on it), a homemade blade that works very well (heavy 3pt. blade cut and made to fit front of dozer), full set of weights in rear, swinging draw bar, it's the gas engine, overall mechanically average or slightly above except for the transmission--unless you have enough hands to hold shifter, it will pop out of every gear except 1st,  cosmetically I would say above average--all sheetmetal/gaurding is there with no big dents or anything.  I will try to post pictures if that would help sometime next week. Thanks for any and all input.

Sean
D14 N.F., Series lll D17 N.F, 3 Bottom Snap Coupler Plow, 4 Bottom Slat Snap Coupler Plow.
Sponsored Links

Kipn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kipn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 8:30am
A gasser would make it an H3. The D is for diesel. You never said anything about the undercarrige. That would be my big concern. I can rebuild a motor for $700. The tracks could run $4000. The tranny could be an expensive fix. Same as a D15. Paid $1500 for mine 20 years ago. It ran and worked but needed work.
1961 H3
kip in cny View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kip in cny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 10:26am
Iam with the other kip.  sheet metal is cheap and easy.  How dose it turn and hows the rails and rollers.  If it kicks out of every gear Thats a problem.  Plus if your using 3rd and 4th alot to the point it kicks out I bet the under side is shot plus the shuttel clutch is not far from being shot.  with out photos its hard to price the unit. 
160 CA 920diesel 5020 HD-3
SeanD17 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanD17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 6:15am
Thanks, I'll do some more research with my Dad on this, I've never known anything about these and niether has my Dad, he just bought it from a nieghbor about year ago and has used it enough to know it works fine in 1st gear but its not big enough for what he wants to do. I'll try to post some pictures this week.
D14 N.F., Series lll D17 N.F, 3 Bottom Snap Coupler Plow, 4 Bottom Slat Snap Coupler Plow.
Kipn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kipn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 3:50pm
Sooooo, I'm the "other Kip" now? lol. Glad my girlfriend didn't say that.  OK, I think I was the last(3rd) Kip to get on here.
Now back to Sean, you know what your Dad paid, might be a starting point.
1961 H3
kip in cny View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kip in cny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 5:44pm
thats funny
160 CA 920diesel 5020 HD-3
SeanD17 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanD17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 6:16am
SeanD17 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanD17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 6:21am
Here's some pics. finally, I'm still learning how to do this--couldn't get text and pics on same reply post.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 9:43am
Well, the seat looks good anyway...
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic