This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hd3 track loader

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hd3 track loader
    Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 8:09pm
I picked up a hd3 track loader last weekend. I am looking for any and all info on this machine. if any one could help me out it will be greatly app.
 I looked for a serial # but no luck so far, the last date on the patient info is aust. 1963 so I am thinking it is 63 or newer but not by much.
 So far it seems like a not bad little machine, it runs and all the functions seem to work.
it does need a head gasket though. I don't know what all the levers are for though(small ones on each side of drives as well as one one left side below inst. cluster?).
any help would be greatly app.
regards tom

Sponsored Links

Soso View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 8:10pm
btw you can't post off a ipad or I just don't know how to do it.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 9:33pm
Park it in my yard and I will tell you all about it in a week. LOL I've got a job for a small loader, just haven't got Mr Scoopy going(1960 OC46).
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Kipn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kipn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 10:00am
The serial numbers are on top of the flange that bolts to the torque tube on the left side, as sitting in machine. Might have to scrape some paint. You said that it is an HD3 which means its a diesel.
The small levers on the inside front part of the final drives are the emergency brakes. Press the brake and lift the lever, let the brake off, brake stays on. The lever down by your left foot is to engage the PTO if so equiped with something out the rear. Ask anything. I have had just about every bolt out of my H3 (gas).
1961 H3
Soso View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 7:27pm
found serial #, it is 3220.
still don't know year but tryng to find out.
OrangeKiwi(NZ) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeKiwi(NZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 7:33pm
Your serial no. 3220 makes it a 1962 model. Numbers for 1962 run from 3199 to 6000.
Rusty View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 7:26am
I've got all of the manuals for your machine.  They are in a notebook more than 3 " thick.  If you can think of a way I can reproduce them for you I will be happy to give you those copies.
Rusty View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 7:29am
Do you have any information on the AC Mark IV backhoe attachment for this machine?
Rusty View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 7:42am
Try this site for manuals.  http://www.themanualsworx.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic