This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD11 whats this ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allismannen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD11 whats this ?
    Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 2:59am
Hi !
We are doing some overhaul on our HD11ec Engine and the "projekt" is going fine.
It is a hobby and i like old allis bulldozers.

My son was cleaning the turbine/converter oil tank under the bellhousing, crankcase. And he found two rolls ?

the clutch turbine is still bolted to the Engine .
They look like they came out of a straight roller bearing but they are having a small end at one side !

dia is 1/4" Length is 5/8" plus a small dia 1/8" at one end ?

My hope is that it might be left overs from earlier failiure of starter.

I have never seen this kind of rolls in a bearing, and it dont seems to have been"two" small ends ( i thought they might have been broken of ).
But there is no cracked area or so, smoth and grinded !

Can it be some guide pins or something like that?

I dont want to tear down the whole thing to have a check (but i guess i have to! ).

Any ideas of what or were they are or is suposed to be ?

christer

Sponsored Links

Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 5:37pm
If you don't have a parts manual, you can find them at Minnpar.com.  Sounds like they could be dowels....
allismannen View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allismannen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 12:32am

Hi !
I Think you are right, i tested with a fine rasp and they were not hard.
But were do they came from. i dont have any book yet.
DSC_0196.jpg

thanks for replying , i find this forum interesting to read and follow different projekts !

thanks from a windy and cold sweden

christer
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 6:14am
These look like roller over-running cluch
Dozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 7:29am
Christer
A roller from a overrun clutch would be hardened. I think it is part of the spring seal assembly.

Please post the picture of moving your crawler on the trailer with your wheel tractor.
George
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allismannen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 11:37am
Hi George !
And a happy new year !

And the Picture !

So you Think it belong to sealing ? (rollers/pins)
It make sence,
I did drive it but only 30meters if working ok ? can not say, otherwise that it seemed to bee working ok.

thanks for all input !

christer
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allismannen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 11:38am
ok ! need to learn more about posting pic
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allismannen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 11:58am
youtube : allis hd11

or
http://youtu.be/QFJ-czPuhtk

Dozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 5:05pm

Christer has a video of this rig on the highway. I was impressed
I resized the image so it will fit better. I hope I did it correctly. I tried to resize it to 8.5 x 11 inches.
A-Cvtx View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-Cvtx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 6:36pm
My youngest son would say those are "wiggling pins", they go in the "wobbling shaft",
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 9:07pm
Christer, what's the serial #?.  It appears to be 1955 or 1956 judging from the hydraulics. It has a long swing frame that appeared on HD11ECs and it looks like you're missing a couple of fuel nozzles. Lanova style engine (love the sound with the original style muffler) Looks like a fun projekt. Put some more pictures on, and yes if you can resize them to 1024 x 768 or close that works the best
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic