This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD11 tracks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tennessee Plowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD11 tracks
    Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 5:31am
I'm new  to AC track machines, having never been on any thing much but Cats  I'm considering buying a HD11E with about  I recon 40% undercarriage. Can someone tell me if D6C track chain assembly can be adapted to this bulldozer. I think the sprocket has to be changed to match the D6 pitch, are the rollers and idlers compatible. I know you can make just about anything work if you want to spend enough money. (that's not me)  Also It has been re-powered with a Detroit 6V93TA.  I believe I'll have to  throttle it back a fair bit, say 1000-1400 rpm.
Anyone experienced with either of these changes on a HD11? 
Thanks
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 7:18am
The Allis/buda engine in the 11's is a low rpm engine but not that low, a 6V92 is not that much higher unless had the governor adjusted so, my buda 4 cylinder runs at 1750rpm the 6V should be governed at 1950-2000
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 7:34am
Lazyts should come up on the rails/rollers, they are no longer available(7 Pitch) and I believe he had adapted Cat rails to one of his or at least lower rollers. I looked to possibly adapt 6.91 pitch Cat rails to my little loader, cost prohibitive so far but still entertaining that thought. Sprockets are different diameter, roller mounts are wider/thicker and require re-drill of truck frames, would possibly have to do some different on idlers as well as upper rollers.
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2015 at 10:09am
The HD11 track pitch is 7 inchs and D6C is 8 inchs pitch and sprocket HD11  sprocket high
is 30.593 inchs and D6C sprocket is 33.159 inchs and should not fit on 11E
Andrew_D View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 9:07am
A couple of past threads that I bookmarked:

http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=68153&KW=&title=coke-cat-bottom-allis-top

http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=68890&KW=&title=cat-bottom-allis-top

Looks like D5 track is the recommended go-to. Even then, it takes some work!

Andrew

Edited by Andrew_D - 22 Aug 2015 at 9:08am

===================================================
HD11B (S/N: 3880) ~1957
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 1:28pm
I've never done it, but have seen 11-B tractors converted to D5 chain, and keeping the Allis sprocket- did not appear to have any abnormal wear on sprocket.  D5 bottom and top rollers can be adapted.  Caterpillar also supplied an adapter for the sprocket to adapt to the D5 segments, part number 5S0834, not sure if they would be available.  HD11E sprocket rings can still be found, or you could go with 11-B segments, as there is an adapter ring for that as well.  D6B sprocket rim could also be used on older HD11E. (Cat # 5S4822).  I've been thinking of doing these modifications to an 11-B someday, but it's alot of money to spend on an old tractor.
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 3:59pm
Tennesse plowboy; didn,t realise your name don,t suit the country your in
Well down here we are a lot more lucky; we have a few contacts in kiwiland for Allis parts. First up call jim keaney at Trackweld in Hamilton. He can still get a lot of new allis undercarriage, and if he can,t he knows what adapts and fits. Also there is the NZ Guru of HD11s Lex Norton who lives in kaikohe and has a lot of HD11 parts. And other people on here like Mactractor know a lot about 11s. me and him both live in thames.
Cheers merv
tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
Tennessee Plowboy View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tennessee Plowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 12:43pm
Thanks Heaps, for all the input, guys.
 Yeah, HD6 Merv,     'You can take the boy out of the country  but you can't take the country out of the boy".

I had come up with the cat 6.91" arrangement as the closest.  Ive been a Kiwi now for bout 20 yrs, an the dozer I'm buying is in TN. Just dreaming of wearing out the undercarriage and the seller has a new never run rail and grouser assy taken off a D6C he'll trow in  for a couple thousand.

I may never use up the bottom of the old AC Hd11 but 'it's a thought' about those cat chains laying there. 

The re-power job with a GM 6V93 TA not at start up yet and deal hinges on that but for $5000, the old machine looks pretty sweet. I figure it'll be a supped up dozer  with the GM rated at 385HP. A bit concerned that the extra power may break the power train. Just knowin you got the power to shell it out will help to protect it but Ive picked up that the AC line was as good as any at the time it was built.

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 7:05pm
Detroits are two stroke, sound like hell screaming for release on a straight stack but still low RPM, As they are two stroke make a lot of HP but lacking a wider torque band, on a converter tractor should not be a issue to keep it wound up. In semis they were called screamin demons or driptroits, been around them over forty years.
keithhod View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keithhod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 10:41am
Anyone got a sprocket for HD11EP laying around?
keithhod View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keithhod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 8:19am
Sorry that posted twice for some reason.

Edited by keithhod - 29 Sep 2015 at 8:22am
ac_sd View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac_sd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 8:29pm
I've got 2 new sprocket rims off an HD-11AG  s/n 10,000+...  San Diego
HD11TEX View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD11TEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 9:39pm
Do you still have rims?
7060 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 10:06pm
Henderson manufacturing will sell you new rims for about $400 each
HD11TEX View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD11TEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 8:09am
Thanks, spoke to them this am.
I would like to get another sprocket hub or two as well.
brobertsfarm View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brobertsfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 10:57pm
Does anyone know where I can get sprocket bolts from. The guy I bought my machine from he welded the sprockets in place. I bought new sprockets segments with intent of using the old bolts. What he did he never did any maintenance to the machine. The segments got loose he never tightened the bolts and ran them loose. He either welded the bolts in place or replaced with the wrong size bolt and it’s wore the segment out.
Steve allis dozer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve allis dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 6:55am
You can use CAT sprocket segment bolts they need to have a little bit machined off the Diameter (should be able to machine them to suit your warn holes)
Regards steve
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 2:06pm
Cat bolt are better than most others. Depending on dealer they are even cheaper than most others.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brobertsfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 3:22pm
What size bolt should I go with for the hd11. What size machine in cat uses these size bolts. I got new sprocket segment I washed the old ones off
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brobertsfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 4:26pm
TTT

Edited by brobertsfarm - 01 Nov 2018 at 4:38pm
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 4:46pm
The originals were 5/8" fine thread but I believe the heads specialized to crown against the sprocket rim. Will need to do some measuring to keep enough shank inside the segments and enough thread to engage a full tall nut with a few threads outside. I Have nothing as to a spec length.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brobertsfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 5:06pm
Ok thanks this helps was just curious as to what cat machine used the same bolt. Seen on here people talking about converting full Undercarriage to cat
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 7:25pm
These bolts are still available from Minnpar, part # 70679545.  You can also use a 5/8" track bolt in a pinch- but I don't think they're quite as tight..
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 7:57pm
My Cat dealer will find bolts by size,such as 5/8 by x long . I had a catalog from them years ago titled  ONE SAFE SOURCE  ,and have seen links to a on line variation.

Have also heard of dealers where they go out of there way to chase you off if you don't buy a machine from them. But from my experience Cat bolts are as good as there is. But if the dealer is a$$,probably not worth the effort. 
richdame43 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richdame43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 12:40pm
Got sprockets rollers whole undercarriage on a complete HD11 EP will check serial number this afternoon .Whole machine is for sale in upstate ny
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richdame43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 12:51pm
sERIAL NO. IS 12202 HAS TORQUE CONVERTER ETC.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richdame43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 3:32pm
I have a pair send me your email and i will send you pics
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richdame43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 9:52am
I have an HD11 ep looking for a new home This machine has been parked for about 8 or 9 years not in too bad shape . I have some photos that i could share with anyone who is interested . Machine is located on the east coast .
HD11TEX View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD11TEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 2:25pm
Any pictures?
Ritz View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 6:24pm
I have an HD 11E located in California I am going to sell.  Photos and video if you are interested.  The unit is field ready with a mounted dozer and is very tight.  I know we are a distance apart but just want to let you know it is available.  There is not ROPS and I am asking $7000.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic