This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hd11 track rollers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hd11 track rollers
    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 10:56am
Does anyone have any information on converting to D5B rollers? Is the roller close enough to run on HD11E chains? I’ve read before about having to redrill the track frame for cat rollers or that they used to offer rollers without the holes drilled in them maybe? Can’t find the post, but does anyone have any information or dimensions?
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 12:22pm
Will need to take the trucks off, flip them redrill and make new bolting blocks then widen the truck flanges at the rollers. Bolt pattern different as well width of bolting flanges is wider. Is a necessity of go to 6.906 Cat rails.

Edited by DMiller - 23 Mar 2020 at 12:23pm
7060 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 3:48pm
I have a company that will make new bottom rollers/ modify cat D5B rollers to match up to my bolt holes if I can figure out the differences and if they will work in place.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 4:26pm
The rollers are not the problem it is the end stubs of the assembly, easier to adjust the trucks than ruin new rollers trying to make fit what they do not. The ends of the assembly are not the same as Allis, not dimensionally nor bolt pattern and not enough meat to eat them up in a futile attempt to do so. TREVMAN on here explained this a long time ago, he has not been on since Aug 2018 so not sure will find any help there. Was faster cleaner and simpler to remove trucks invert and mod them. CAT uses duocone seal system, any damage to the roller shaft and that fails then you just have scrap metal and expensive at that. Once trucks modified then can buy Off the Shelf products to replace as Allis parts NOT coming back to US Anytime soon.

Edited by DMiller - 23 Mar 2020 at 4:27pm
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 4:34pm
On the D5 Series rollers the end bolting caps are Integral to the assembly and pressed on unlike the Allis that are split collar bolt blocks, the cat rollers are slightly Larger Diameter, and you have to Specify NOT dual Flange Roller as those will not work on your existing rails, Single Flange outboard only. The reason you HAVE to modify the trucks is the entire Roller assembly is WIDER as well.
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 6:17pm
Cat D5/D5B/D5H, JD 750/750B/700H rollers should work on later HD11 (serial number 10000 and up.  I will try to get some specs on the bolt pattern.  HD7G uses same roller shell as early HD11, but truck frames are narrower, different shaft and end blocks were used on them.
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 6:43pm
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 6:45pm
I think you will be forced to drill on the track frame.  The "hole-less" end collars probably wouldn't work because the Allis holes are so close together?
7060 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 7:08pm
Thank you very much, those are the specs I was looking for. I deal with manufacturing in China, and have a undercarriage manufacturer that will build custom rollers to my specs. It would be easier if a current production roller casting such as the D5B could be modified. If the center was trimmed down a little more where they weld together it may work. My other option is having the shaft made with the blocks already spaced right and use D5B track rails. My goal is to bring undercarriage parts back to the US for these machines.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 3:54am
If going to do that they can copy the Allis style rollers and end blocks, dimensionally. All the aftermarket makers have copied the Allis pattern where none are copyrighted anymore. The biggest issue is getting 7.484(HD16), 7.0(HD7 and 11) and 6.5(HD5&6) pitch rails that fit predominantly Allis ONLY.
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 7:58am
If I was not so far from you about bottom roller HD11 am having 2 complet track frame with bottom rollers in very good condition and should have maybe 15 rollers on racking in good conditon but am in CANADA MONTREAL AREA and with the  COVID 19 VIRUS  am stay in house.
7060 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 12:27pm
I was thinking if I could get them to build a roller that would work for both the allis 7” pitch as well as the cat chain then it would be better. Casting molds get expensive, but making slight changes to existing molds such as the D5B roller mold would be easier and cheaper. Changing to cat chain is pretty easy if and when needed, but good allis rollers are becoming non existent it seems. I thought if a ready to bolt on roller was availiable it would make the transition a lot easier. I am working on getting a pattern for a laser cut weld on ring to bolt on cat segments since I don’t believe cat sells them anymore.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 6:48pm
Aussies seem to still be able to find/get Aftermarket Allis UC components, just not delivered here.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic