This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hd11 injection pump leak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hd11 injection pump leak
    Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 7:58pm
I have a leak that looks like it’s coming from the center cap in the middle of the injection lines. Can I remove the cap? My fuel pressure gauge also reads just below the green and under a load it goes down to almost nothing. That’s the only leak I find, but that shouldn’t affect the pressure at the gauge should it? Changing the filters didn’t help the pressure.
Sponsored Links

CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 7:25am
i dont have any experience with that pump but you might have a partial blockage in bottom of tank or in shutoff valve at tank affecting pressure.  is the pressure a new problem or always that way?  alot of these systems have a restricter fitting somewhere and they can become plugged or removed by owners.
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
7060 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 8:49am
I have a good flow when I pulled the filters off. I haven’t owned it that long, but it did run up in the green I thought and now at high idle it is right on the line between green and red which I think it says is 8psi.
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 8:52am
transfer pump could be getting weak.  check your owners manual and see what it says about it, probably the same thing my 16 manual says but i dont have it on me.
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 4:14pm
There is more on those PSB pumps in here

We had a considerable round of the kitchen with the one on our AC 45 grader but  that was a while ago.  IIRC there is a copper washer under that plug, which is on the high pressure side so shouldn't be affecting your gauge pressure.

The primary is a gear pump so it shouldn't be physically affected by changing filters.  They can leak from the shaft seal but that ought to show up in the engine oil.  The seal is a standard commercial one if you need one.

Depending on which version you have the return restrictor is either a valve assembly screwed into the front port return line or an elbow with a restrictor hole same place.

If you get to taking the injection head off there is a screw in fitting on the side of the head that has to come out before you can remove the head.  It has a square section o-ring on the end which has to come out too - and apparently it is now made of "unobtanium".

Edited by Ian Beale - 14 Jun 2018 at 4:19pm
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 10:47pm
Ian you sure the ring is square. The common leak in old Cat fuel pumps from the 50's is a O-ring. But after 60 years they all look square and when a new o-ring of corret size is installed leak goes away.
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 1:33am
Ray

IIRC it gets a mention on here back quite a way when I was battling our AC 45 pump problems.  As did the "unobtanium".

I gather some of the later heads didn't have that oil (IIRC) feed but I've never seen one.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 6:24am
I have a spare inj pump for my 7G, tried to have it looked at by a few rebuilders to make a good spare, seems parts for these PSB pumps are really Unobtanium.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic