This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hd 6 finals oil

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kinghunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hd 6 finals oil
    Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 9:07pm
Well it may be posted here but i cant find it how do i add oil to my final drives on my hd 6 dozer i don't to use it till i figure out how to check the oil lvl in them. we have been working on this thing for 2 weeks mounting a cab and cutting the street pads off the tracks now i want to push some dirt but i want to check finals for oil and can't find the fill plug pls help someone thanks.

Sponsored Links

CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 10:25pm
if its like every HD i have been around the plug is on the back side of the final housing behind the track pads.   should have oil up to the fill plug
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
Matt (Jordan,MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt (Jordan,MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 11:58pm
The oil fill plug on the HD5 and HD6 is in the top of the drawbar bracket that bolts to the rear housing.   Matt
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 12:16am
look at the drawbar and see the large plug with the square recess in it, fill there with a 90/120 gear lube until it is to thread level on the plug hole.
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
kinghunter View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kinghunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 11:32am
thank you guys for your help this forum is awsome with the knowledge everyone needs to repair one to full use again. i will get out there today and get them filled they must be behind the carco winch on the tractor is why i couldnt see them. noticed also a oil leak coming from around the shutoff on the injector pump so i guesse ill be digging into that to see what it takes hopefully just a rubber o ring will be all, i'm no good with injector pumps
Lee Bradley View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Bradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 1:01pm
Go to http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=64995&title=hd5-dozer-restoratiOn-has-begun  and look at the third photo down and you will see the fill plug. It is in line with the front edge of the drum housing as the photo is ordinated. 
Mactractor View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mactractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 3:21pm
They will be under your winch, not behind it. When fitted with ripper, the mounting plate bolted over the housing ports. The angled filler that all these guys have guided you to is then bolted on to the mounting plate, not the final housing. Exact same level, using the ag drawbar swing mount bolt holes. If some previous owner has covered the ports with a DIY mounting plate, alterations are needed
dadsdozerhd5b View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadsdozerhd5b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2013 at 4:23pm
don't forget to check the trans oil too. if it is direct drive, there is a small plug on the side of the tranny(right side if i remember right) and the oil should be up to it. fill through the big plug on the top of the trans until it runs out the plug. ring and pinion and trans run in the same oil. good luck
HD5B, HD5G, (2) FARMALL A's, CUB. DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, IGNORE THE LAUGHTER. FLANNEL IS ALWAYS IN STYLE.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic