This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD 11G Loader

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD 11G Loader
    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 4:09pm
Going to look at one maybe. No rops or cage,winch, has the ovel 11 decal on the side of the operators station and on rear. Diamond AC emblem on radiator cover. Inside. Has ran this year.Undercarriage looks good from picture but. Is there anything to watch out for on these out of the ordinary?

Edited by exSW - 05 Aug 2019 at 9:26pm
Sponsored Links

AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 11:39pm
Yes,You need to look at the intermediate pinion caps. The're behind the sprocket. HD9s through early HD11s had problems with these working loose. The bolts would work loose and wallow out,stripping the threads and causing bearing failure....which could lead to final drive failure etc....the original bolt size were 1/2'' NF..3/4'' head size. AC solved this problem by going to a 5/8''NF bolt size...15/16'' head in the HD11s later years. Some of these tractors were upgraded/repaired by re drilling to 5/8'' bolts....many were not.  We put up a post many years ago with pictures to help identify this problem....if I can't find it I will post some more pictures for you. We have in our collection now an HD11G that appears to be a perfect specimen...except both pinion caps are "toast"  Don't want to scare you...but it could be a deal breaker....if you're not a machinist. I'll post some pictures to show you what to look for.    
exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 7:14am
Thank you that's exactly the kind of info i was looking for.
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 3:01pm
This is an HD11G in our collection...so with no sprocket guards on..you can look through the spokes and see the pinion cap..this particular one on the right side has been welded to the case.

photo P1010083_zpsocszxstl.jpg
 photo P1010082_zpsquttwvbc.jpg
The next picture...on the right side shows welds that are cracked...and a missing bolt.
 photo P1010081_zpsovfsnqww.jpg
More welding to the case...
 photo P1010080_zpse5y6liam.jpg
So on the left side....if you look through the spokes you can see where the cap has been anchored to the case by welding chunks of 1'' steel to the case.
 photo P1010079_zpsdvvit8qs.jpg
This was done in three places
 photo P1010076_zps9e31ctsz.jpg
It appears that these bolts on this side were resized to 5/8''....but apparently still did not do the job.
 photo P1010077_zpsjxguleev.jpg
It can be hard to notice this if the machine is dirty or the guards are on. They are not all like this...but most of them have some beginning issues. Engines..transmissions..final..steering clutches are usually pretty straight forward. This would be the hardest repair to overcome if there are issues here.   Take a good look...get some pictures and post them if you can...or send them to me to look at.    We did know that this tractor had these problems when we got it.
exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 4:28pm
For some reason your pics aren't showing up for me. I did go look at the machine today. The undercarriage is nice some bushing wear but far from shot. The rails also weren't bad,sprockets and so on. Loader pins all tight,controls were free and it was and has been inside. I looked closely at the area behind the sprockets an saw nothing goonied up,welded,wallowed out or out of the ordinary at all. Didn't see anything that looked like 15/16" bolt heads either. Winch was tidy. I dunno. It will do what I want it to. If it will stay together. It's the size I wanted.

Edited by exSW - 06 Aug 2019 at 4:30pm
exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 7:48pm
exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 7:49pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic