This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD 10 compared to?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kinghunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD 10 compared to?
    Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 9:42pm
what size cat did the old hd10's compare to. i have found one that has been sitting in the woods for 24 years after the guy disabled the fuel so his boy didn't get hurt on it. i have been around cat d5 all the way up to the d11 just curious what size cat this would match. I Know i'm going to purchase the machine and bring it home and restore it but needing alittle more info. and can anyone tell me what was the week parts of these machines. ill get some before i move it pictures soon. this machine also has a garwood blade i believe. its the blade with the pipe across the top of the operator. well thanks and any help i would appreciate it.  
Sponsored Links

CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 5:04am
Hd10 is a 20-24K lb machine and about 90hp so compares to a D5-6 of that vintage?  Dad formerly had a 10W and we used the heck out of it.  Had over 8000 hrs on a dead hour meter when he got it in 71'.  about the only trouble we ever had was breaking teeth on the final drive pinion and we had some trouble from an incorrect final drive seal repair that was done before we got it.  the final pinions are pretty easy to swap, can be down without breaking the track.  ours also had garwood cable unit and blade with the pipe over the top.
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
Dozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 9:54am
The bulldozer with the vertical cylinders and the bar across the top was
Baker
kinghunter View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kinghunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 7:25pm
I went back over and looked at the dozer today again. it has dual cylinders one on each side that are back beside oporator station. it has about a 18 inch elm tree that has grown up between the blade and tractor that i'm going to have to widdle out of there. other wise the tractor has less then 2000 original hours and undercarriage looks like 90 percent. we will have to see how things go when we get back in the area with some equipment to move it out in the sun. thanks everyone for your replys.
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 7:49pm
yes i agree with Dozer..  2 cylinders by operator and pipe across side to side  is baker hallmark 

pipe front to back over top with cable blade likely garwood

Edited by CAL(KS) - 15 Jan 2015 at 7:54pm
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
kinghunter View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kinghunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2015 at 8:31pm
blade system is defentily a baker blade not a garwood then. well like i said i dont have much knowledge on the old hd10's but i'm about to find out the hard way how one works inside cause the shifters and stuff are pretty stiff on this one. thanks alot and ill be updating and asking for more info in time. I am working on two projects i have a hd6 that will be doing a inframe on shortly. so let the fun begin.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic