This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Having a battle with my phone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Having a battle with my phone
    Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 5:45am
Went to do my early morning surf through bis-man on-line ads this morning on my phone, and just as the I started scrolling through them, I get a face book pop up telling me that it's my lucky day. All that I have to do is press this "OK" icon, and I can spin this virtual wheel and win a prize. Well, I smell a skunk, and will NOT press OK, but the danged thing won't let me do anything else on the net. No matter what web site I bring up, this stupid pop up comes up. I can close out of the net, but it won't let me close out of that tab. I've shut the phone down and powered it back up twice, and each time that pop up comes back. Like a wart on your ass, it won't go away. What should I do with it,,....? Thanks, Darrel
Sponsored Links

Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 6:11am
Wel, you say you've shut it down twice with no help Hopefully, you can pull the battery. Leave it out for at least 30 seconds, then reinstall and start over. May help. Usually, it does.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 6:28am
Well, Bob. That didn't do the trick either. This is getting on my nerves. Wish it were possible to find the source of this pop up and blow their computer to bits. Darrel
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 6:32am
I don't know if hitting the "OK" icon would be detrimental or not, but I don't want to take that chance. As it is, I won't even be able to clock in when I get to work, because to clock in, I use my phone to go to a website, and clock in on it. When I go to the web site, this pop up will be there, and I can't get around it no matter what I do. AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH! Darrel
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 6:51am
I'm more concerned about your work making you HAVE a phone to 'punch in' ! Seems to me if that is the case, THEY, should supply you the phone...

Can you 'clear out the history', restore the net to  a previous day,say 2 or 3 ago(well before the booboo) ?
 you should post phone make and OS. hmm, you're here..so I assume a PC desktop, if so 'google' the 'ap' and how to kill it.

Edited by jaybmiller - 09 Apr 2018 at 6:53am
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 7:49am
My son finally got out of bed, and somehow got rid of it. Wish he would have let me watch and see what he did, but at least it's gone.
As far as clocking in on my phone; they do provide an electronic tablet that I can do it on, but within my phone it's quicker, because it remembers my user name, so I only have to enter my password. On the tablet, I have to enter my user name also, which is long and takes time. Darrel
Orange Glow View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 9:01am
Darrel, I have something like that that comes up on a John Deere forum I’m a member of. There was an entire thread about it, with at least a dozen other members who had the same thing. Sometimes it’s a deal saying I won an Amazon gift card, sometimes Walmart, and sometimes it’s something different. Nobody could figure out exactly what it was, but I think it was only on phones. I can click cancel and it goes away for awhile, or close tab and get a new one. But everyone’s deal was a little different, and sometimes it would just come back on.
Dipstick In View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dipstick In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 9:55am
Ransomware,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, they're a pita..............
I can shut my pc off, leave it for a while(half hour or more), reboot AND I'm good!
You don't really have to be smart if you know who is!
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 12:07pm
A 16 pound sledge hammer usually will do the trick...
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

Yes sir. One time cures all
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 4:36pm
I think you could get by with an 8 pound one.......

Darrel, ASK YOU SON what and how he did it!!!!  We want a video!!!!
Then give him a barley pop!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

It did, fer a certain unsuccessful candidate fer president...Wink
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 7:13pm
I use CCleaner on my cheap junk Android when I get that. Free download if you don't buy the paid version, just uses up data. Use the same on my desktop and laptop.
Works for me when I get that crap.

truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 9:52pm
Had same thing pop up on my phone or tablet yesterday, don't remember which. Both running android system. As I recall all I did was use the back arrow to get out of it. Or else I closed the page using the x at the top of the page. Hitting the home button won't close a page. It will reappear when you reopen your internet. Sometimes you have to hit the back arrow several times.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
D17JIM2 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D17JIM2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 10:09am
When someone clocks in with a phone how close to work do they have to be ? I've had some emplyees that would cheat on that if they could !
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 12:48pm
I've never seen this issue on my flip phone. Big smile
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
BenGiBoy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenGiBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 1:28pm
I would install Malewarebytes (anti-virus software) and run that, to see if it would find any kind of viruses/bad things..... I usually run a scan daily, just to make sure... (have to start the scan manually if you don't have the pro version, which is like $15/year I think)
'39 Model B
Tractors are cheaper than girls, remember that!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by D17JIM2 D17JIM2 wrote:

When someone clocks in with a phone how close to work do they have to be ? I've had some emplyees that would cheat on that if they could !

I haven't tried to cheat, but supposedly have to be within 150 feet of work to punch in on the phone. Darrel
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 7:57pm
My oldest son does service calls all over the mid west and his company gave him an I Phone and he clocks in and out where ever he is. May be 400 miles away. They also have a tracker on it so they know where he is. Has his own company truck with a tracker on it also.

He knows what he can get and what he can't.
He loves the job. Would make me crazy to do that.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic