This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hatch Chile Time

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hatch Chile Time
    Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 5:35pm
Just got done blistering off 12lbs of Hatch Green Chile's. My mouth is probably hotter than the kitchen, but I can't help myself they're good fresh roasted. Tomorrow I'll finish with peeling and seeding em. Smile
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Sponsored Links

NomoreJohnDeere View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NomoreJohnDeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2018 at 12:13am
Price Cutter has a drum roaster set up outside to do it for you.

I might just have to try some

HD3
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2018 at 1:36am
my tummy does a flip flop just reading that Chaz! whew!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2018 at 7:47am
Nomore, that would be 1,000 mi round trip for me. Shocked

Yeah Shameless they really should be mixed with other foods (fatty foods cut the heat most), but, but,but I just couldn't wait. Hope you didn't need an antacid. Nuke
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2018 at 5:48pm

Just finished making a chile rellenos caserole with masa harina for part of the self rising flour, lots of cheese, and chicken chunks. It's smelling good here, and i'll probably gain 5lbs tonight. Big smile

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2018 at 7:02pm
Hey Chask,,,,I'm glad you like the Hatch Green Chile,,,especially the roasting part,,,Clap Man,,I just LOVE the smell of the roasting chile  especially if you got you a nice warm tortilla to put that  freshly roasted chile right in the middle and roll it all up and have at it,,,MMmmmmmmm then,,,,if you in luck you would of had you a nice cold brewski to wash it all down,,,,ClapClap
  I have been getting our Hatch chile from Walmart as they roast it for free and was only $17 for 25# bushel. I only put up two bushels of it this year as there just did not seem to be any time,,,, cause you know,,it takes a lot of time to roast that much chile,,,,,,Wink Years ago,,when we was younger,,we would drive over the mountain to Hatch and pick our own chile,,,,sigh,,,them days gone by,,,,,
  Dang,,that would be a LOT of brewskies to roast that much,,,but,,,,but would of been lots of fun tho,,,Clap
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 12:30am
don't no body sits down wind from either of them 2! whew! (I gots a whole bottle of tums on the table here) lol
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 12:34am
years ago I puts a sign on the bathroom door at work. it said "caution-blasting area"! boss didn't think that was funny and sent me home for a day ! WooHoo...I got a free vacation day just for that! that's when I started doin other chit there, so I could gits more days off to do other things! if'n you 2 guys woulda been there, he would have known why that sign was put there!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 9:49am
Yep you got it down Joe and maybe a little butter or cheese. Got my peppers for .50 lb. at a store called Fresh Thyme. No roasters in sight up here and I'm not driving mucho miles to use one. Extra nice having chili wraps when snow plowing.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 9:55am
Shameless I don't have the blasting area problem, or low flying ducks, or the screaming chits for that matter when I eat peppers. Now I can't vouch for ole DJ, but you can sit down wind of me.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 10:10am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

don't no body sits down wind from either of them 2! whew! (I gots a whole bottle of tums on the table here) lol

LOLLOL
 Nope,,no problem here either, thank goodness,,,!!!
 Dang,, Chask,,,,,$.50 a lbs,,chit thas way cheeper than we can buy it here where they make it if it is shore enough "Hatch Chile",,,,but I think it is following the same guidelines that everything else in this country,,,"The farther you gots to truck it,,,the cheaper it sells for",,,,Wink.
 I used to work at the biggest oil refinery in NM and gasoline has always been higher here in town than the gas they had to haul to,, say,, Lubbock, Tx which is 160 miles down the road,,,,go figure,,,,Wink
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 10:25am
So true the further the cheaper. For my chili's, I think it had to be what they call a Loss Leader to get you in their store. It worked and I don't think they made much off the .69 lb. cabbage's I got, or $2.69 for the gal of milk either. Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic