This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Harvest for deer and fun

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Harvest for deer and fun
    Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 10:06am
I am not even gonna try to explain my goal.

enjoy the photos.

Edited by Macon Rounds - 03 Sep 2023 at 10:46am
The Allis "D" Series Tractors, Gravely Walk behind Tractors, Cowboy Action Shooting !!!!!!! And Checkmate
Sponsored Links

Macon Rounds View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 11:12am
Turnip field at planting.

and now. just starting to turn purple.

Edited by Macon Rounds - 03 Sep 2023 at 11:13am
The Allis "D" Series Tractors, Gravely Walk behind Tractors, Cowboy Action Shooting !!!!!!! And Checkmate
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 11:14am
Radishes at planting.

Edited by Macon Rounds - 04 Sep 2023 at 11:15pm
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 11:20am
Good pics! Thanks
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 12:18pm
the deer should be VERY happy !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2023 at 9:45am
Plots look great Ben . I have been growing Turnips and radishes for about 15 years. I mix in some wheat and oats with the Turnips and radishes. Whitetails love the Turnips and radishes but the radishes only last so long . The Turnips turn bitter at some point and they leave them alone until the first frost. Then you can't chase them out. Then they start digging the Turnips up to get at them . Great attraction for the deer.
Was at a lecture on food plots 15 to 20 years ago. The "expert" claims it takes a couple years for the deer to benefit from the Turnips. They need to build up certain enzymes in their stomachs to gain size, antler mass. Stick at it for a couple years and your deer will get larger.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2023 at 11:59am
Not to highjack this thread but what are you guys using for radishes and turnips? I just have a small area no big fields. Thanks mike
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2023 at 7:34pm
Purple top Turnips and Eco-till Radishes. I purchase at local farm/home store. I run a single tooth ripper (subsoiler) every other year and it really helps the Turnips grow bigger. Also check soil and feed as needed. Turnips need plenty of fertilizer.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2023 at 11:02pm
3nd year for purple top turnips.

1st year for Ground Hog Radishes. They are supposed to get as big as your fore arm and dig in over a foot deep. And leave good organic matter.

Purple top turnips doing better than ever.

Spread 2000 lbs per acre of lime and 200 lbs of PK fertilizer as recomend.

It's all just an experiment at this point so I neglect to post my goal.

Enjoy the photos.

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2023 at 11:14pm
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2023 at 5:35am
Hey guys thanks for the replies. 
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2023 at 6:21pm
Wheats the fastest and draws them in quick
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2023 at 11:14am
Yep

Gotta s
all patch of that too !!!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2023 at 9:26pm

Hope you like my little trucks.

Hope to fill a MUCH bigger truck next year .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic