This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Had to work through a few tears

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Had to work through a few tears
    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 12:10pm
We were getting ready for baby chicks the other day and Evie said "daddy you've got some big footprints". I turned around to look and she was trying to walk in my footprints in the litter the same as I used to do with Pawpaw. I couldn't say anything for a minute then I mustered "I guess so baby".
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 12:31pm
Tyler, you and your bride are putting down some big and correct footprints for those two sweet girls to follow and GOD BLESS YOU for that. It does tug at your heart when they tell you something like that. 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 12:33pm
You are a blessed man to be able to have kids around when working for just that kind of moment. Thanks for sharing with us. Wink As they say out of the mouths of babies.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 2:17pm
Tyler, Those were GOOD TEARS!!! And words to remember and cherish.  And you know, your a good man to see such blessings. Thumbs Up
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 2:24pm
Tyler, for some reason when I first wanted to reply, I couldn't see the screen very clearly, .....as I remembered some of those moments with my kids. 

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, and I'll say it anytime someone wants to listen or not, ENJOY and LOVE those girls.  Because my friend, you will blink and wake up one day and times like those will be over. 

The fact that you shed a tear tells me you know this already, but I still had to say it.  1 month from today, I go to a college graduation.....

Edited by Tbone95 - 05 Apr 2019 at 2:25pm
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 2:33pm
Yes them are days to cherish because they will be grown and gone before you know it
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 3:41pm
My grand son said last week "Where did 4 years of high school go"? I told him to savor every day, when you get to 70 you will wonder where 65 of them went. Congrats on the gals.   Take a heck of a lit of perminate pictures. And get them in albums. Ours are all down in the basement in a plastic tub outta sight.
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 3:50pm
That is ONE moment that you will never forget!!!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 4:47pm
YEP........ I remember them days........ and my "kids" are 40 years old now !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 5:34pm
I bet y'all still call them "the kids" don't ya?
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 6:53pm
Yes, they are STILL the kids....
BUT, now it's the grandchildren and the Great grandchildren.
The JOY on their faces as they rush through the back door, it's HUGS and then (maybe a kiss) and then "Can we ride the tractor G'pa?

Watch out Tyler,,,,,after this stage of being inquisitive, it's treacherous and sneaky...
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 7:15pm
Evie tries that sneaky route every now and then already. She never can figure out how we know she's up to something
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 7:18pm
I really enjoy the stories of your little girls. What a wonderful blessing they are.
cabinhollow View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabinhollow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 7:45pm
At the barn tonight,
my almost 30 year old daughter and almost 3 year old granddaughter.
They spent the whole time playing with the baby lambs.
Just as my daughter would do when she was young.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by cabinhollow cabinhollow wrote:

At the barn tonight,
my almost 30 year old daughter and almost 3 year old granddaughter.
They spent the whole time playing with the baby lambs.
Just as my daughter would do when she was young.

Mighty sweet ain't it
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 11:38pm
me thinks I could have lots of fun with them two Tyler...just think of all the things we could conjer up together! you better gits busy with them now before I come down there! it's a good sign that Evie notices those things! you know....they grow up way to fast!
iowallis View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iowallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 8:10am
The time seems to go by so quick!

My kids are in high school and a few nights ago they were all busy with work/activities so my wife and I went to McDonald's for supper.  At the table by us was a guy and 2 little girls maybe 3 and 4 years old. The girls got so excited when the Happy Meals came and eating their fries and chicken nuggets and talking about their new toys. Seems like yesterday when we would go to McDonald's and how excited the kids would get over a simple toy and meal. Such an innocent age seems just a short time ago for me.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 8:26am
YEP.......... last time I took the grandkids to McDonalds I said  " How about I buy a BIG box of chicken nuggets instead of the Happy Meals with the toy " ............ The frown on their face was PRICELESS !!   Got to have that TOY !!
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

me thinks I could have lots of fun with them two Tyler...just think of all the things we could conjer up together! you better gits busy with them now before I come down there! it's a good sign that Evie notices those things! you know....they grow up way to fast!

Come right on buddy. We got cameras hid all over the place
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 11:49pm
Tyler...   all the advice above is 300% true.  I'm gonna add my own:

When you're with your kids NOW... do the stoopid'est, silly'est, most bizzare things you can think of.  Stuff that would embarrass your wife, shock your friends, possibly even make your boss think you're so crazy strange, that they might fire you...

Do it with your kids.

Why?

Because they will NEVER forget the day you did it... and as they grow up, they'll NEVER question how far you'd go... they'll never doubt your abilities, never place a limit on how far you'd go for them.  It will keep them in focus, and on path.  LOL
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 2:23pm
You're right Dave. I act like a fool every chance I get for my girls. Believe it or not, when they're smiling and laughing, it's fun to act stupid.
cabinhollow View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabinhollow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 5:57am
It rain a little here Sunday AM. So before the granddaughter went home, we had to splash in a few mud puddles.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 6:08am
Oh yeah! Muddy puddles. Gotta jump in the muddy puddles. The wife just LOVES that

Edited by thendrix - 08 Apr 2019 at 6:09am
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 7:32am
Things evolve, and the good news is, if you've done a good job raising them (if I may say so myself!) even when they get older, they can still tug at your heart strings now and then. 

Saturday, oldest son (24) and I were going to be working together all day.  We wanted to watch the college basketball games together, so we were planning our jobs, how long stuff would take, when to switch jobs and feed cows and such.....We got to where the time came to feed, and we were behind schedule.  I said, bud, we're way behind schedule. I guess cutting wood took longer than I planned.

He says, Maybe so.  But as you were planning that all out, I thought to myself Dad that's not going to work.  Because when we work together, we talk  A LOTEmbarrassed.  I said yeah I suppose so.  Then he says, "Cherish these times dad."

Oh, I do buddy.  I do.
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 8:37am
A Great Story. Truly one of the very best. A1, Top Shelf, 5 Stars.
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 10:03am
Originally posted by thendrix thendrix wrote:

Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

Come right on buddy. We got cameras hid all over the place
Boy, Thendrix, you sure know how to spoil Shamer's day don't ye... I can see him thinkin about puttin on his invisible disguise when he comes...
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 10:55am
I didn't say I'd post them. I didn't say I wouldn't either

You had better believe they'd be for sale though. I got two colleges and two weddings to pay for one day
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 10:06am
Think of the times now for they slip by quickly - part of life is the legacy you leave with those footprints you walked in and now someone else follows in yours . 

[TUBE]eCh13Rsd-WU[/TUBE]
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic