This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Had some troubles, need an oil filler cap...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Had some troubles, need an oil filler cap...
    Posted: 28 May 2016 at 7:18pm
Well, a little excitement last night. It's happened before, once almost exactly the same way.

We have some neighbors near the farm that are - well, little hoodlums. Always in trouble, never enough "proof" to do anything about them. About 3 years ago, they crashed a car about 1/2 mile from the farm and then took off. That was about 2:30 in the morning. Cops and fire rescue came, no one around, the person or persons took off. They went to the house where the car was registered (the hood's house), the kids claimed it had just been stolen. No charges filed.

Last night at 11:55 PM, my sister, who lives across the road from the farm in what was my/our Dad's house, texted me to say that there was a new bout of "excitement," car went past my barn (we don't live there, we're about 9 miles distant, it used to be quiet as a graveyard around there, maybe 6 cars going by in a day's time), she heard them hit the gas, tires squealed, then they lost control where the road goes through a little wooded ravine that's also on our property, and slammed into a big maple tree just past our property line, maybe 700' from the barn. Someone called 911, but before the cops and fire rescue got there, the little hoods (we think, since it was once again their car, a different one) were gone but my sister saw them at my barn. They ran out behind it since there's a mercury light on all night in front of the barn.

The cops searched, up and down the road, stopped to talk to my sister because she went out to tell them that the culprits were at the barn, they searched all over but found no one. And the punks weren't at their home, either.

I thought nothing of it, the cameras I had to install INSIDE the barn showed no one had gone inside. But, my Allis 6140 was sitting outside because I still have the 6.5" wood chipper on the back and it wouldn't fit inside.

Today, before I started up the tractor, I checked it over and - the hood had been opened, and not properly closed. That's when I noticed the oil filler cap was missing. I didn't dare start it in case they had put anything in there.

I've checked things over, everything else looks fine. It IS possible that it worked loose and fell off last time I worked with it, it IS possible that I misplaced it last time I changed the oil (oil's always been at full mark, still is), but - who knows.

Bottom line is, now I need an oil filler cap and can't seem to find a source. The engine is a Toyosha 2.3L, 3-cylinder diesel, 142 CID. I've been looking online 'til I went cross-eyed looking for one. Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you,
 - Tim

Edited by TimCNY - 28 May 2016 at 7:21pm
Sponsored Links

CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 7:39pm
Well, if ya wanna keep water and dirt out, cut the top off a pepsi can and hose clap it on there Shocked
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 7:48pm
Toyosha's been out of biz, for some years, now...  But if you have a tractor boneyard around, MF 10 series tractors also had a toyosha motor, also Hinmoto E series tractors, maybe another brand, too, but I can't recall it right now.  Also might find something in an import car junkyard, that might fit...
TimCNY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 9:15pm
OK, will check. As for the Pepsi bottle, the threads on the valve cover are internal, so -- :)
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 9:55pm
try: Pruittenginewarehouse.com (Omaha,Ne) they can prolly get it for you, they can get parts from all over the world. 
TimCNY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 7:47am
Thanks, Shameless, I'll check that.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic