This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Had a moment today

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Had a moment today
    Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 7:49pm
To take stock in the less obtrusive and Less EYEFUL women about me, especially the Wife.

Was delivery a product today and a woman walked out from a office to astound even myself.  LARGE Woman, likely OVER 300#, LESS than 5' tall and wearing Spandex Tights, HOW in ANY SENSE can a woman of such Dimension actually believe they "Look Good" in those?????  As she walked away the old adage of Two Boar Coons locked in a feed sack in a fight to the death came to mind.
Sponsored Links

Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 8:03pm
You think you got it bad, what about her gynecologist?
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 8:13pm
Spandex keeps those inner slabs from squeaking as they rub together and wards off friction burns when walking. Also controls that pesky sweat puddle from forming if they don't move for a while. Tight spandex material keeps the reverberation transfer through supporting structures or earth, (think Jurassic Park and the T Rex walking) in check most times too. Large women are cognizant of this factor; hence the popularity of the fabric in this use.

Besides it highlights those ruffles in the hindquarters and down the back of the legs.

So did the girl have fat rolls hanging over the tops of her shoes from her ankles too?

Was her name Alice?????

The world wonders.   
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 5:46am
Optimal weight for a 5' tall women should be probably 110-125lbs on a fat day. Referenced as my wife's about that size.

So you strap on about 3 bags of concrete and wrestle around with that. Don't think you will win.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 6:15am
As to Fat rolls, have seen SMALLER Cankles on Heifers in the field, doubt could stuff more fat inside her shoes as had no laces and the soles squished as she waddled along.  felt sorry for them!!

Know a couple fellas, mainly African Descent that PREFER the Larger female, my own younger brother just seems drawn to 'Chubbier than need be' where my little honey is STILL a Little woman, chubbed some with age but NOT a Mass of Flubber.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 6:32am
When she turned around, did it take awhile for the rest of her to catch up LOL

Edited by PaulB - 15 Jan 2022 at 6:32am
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 6:34am
Did not await that brain cooking moment and moved along!!!  Would have had to drank a SECOND bottle of Lye to rid that memory!
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 7:02am
Understand very well as my wife and I have both picked up about 25 pounds from when we first married as teenagers 44 or so years ago. We all pick up a bit of weight as we age and it's anatomically correct for anything living to do so. This is easily adjustable, and manageable through life with diet and direct exercise, or even physical activity. Sitting on the couch with a large bag of chips and 2ltr bottle of soda for supper really doesn't fit amongst the healthiest of lifestyles. Though facetious in statement, it's very close to what a lot of obese people do. Try to tell them about the health benefits of eating at McDonald's and such regularly and it falls on deaf ears. Genetics have a bit to do with it but far too often this is used as a "crutch" or seemingly justification for not doing anything about it.

Here is a world recognized chart on whether someone is "fat" or not which anyone can interpret to their own desire. It's a snip from the American Cancer Society webpage:

I find it hard to argue with years of proven science myself.

I was in the grocery store a few weeks ago on a warm day and seen this cow with several heifers in tow to which surprised even me. Purple and pink hair, tattoos on every inch of exposed skin, jewelry hanging from many more holes in flesh than the great spirits ever envisioned, and not one, but three quite defined and distinct "belly rolls" kept in check with what I thought was some type of band around the mid section. If she'd have been a different nationality and color, I'd have swore she was playing the part of the "Michelin Man". Real knee knocker this one was but it does take "all kinds" as they say.   

fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 7:35am
Had to replace a couple of steering columns over the years because they were destroyed using them for leverage to haul it all in there.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 8:14am
I always thought the chart above was BULL CHIT........ Take a guy that  is 5' 10" tall and weights 200 pounds and he is OBESE ?   "GOOD weight is 160 pounds ?  Dont agree with that at all.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 8:24am
common guys, I had almost forgot about my trip to Walley's yesterday.  LOL
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 8:31am
I don't agree with it either and see it as just a "guide". To fit solidly in what is considered normal and healthy, one would have to be a stick, or beanpole. I'm just about 3 pounds into the "overweight" category myself and my wife always tells me I'm too thin.

The trip into "Wally's" is always an adventure. Most times good for at least a couple of laughs, and fits of anger.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 8:43am
Looking at that chart tells me I’m short. Really really short.
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 9:03am
I am reminded of the  joke about the person when told to 'haul A??' they need to make more than one trip.
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 10:55am
And everyone thought the ocean was the last frontier. OOPs!
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 11:30am
YEA... i think Thad is right.. Most people are not OVERWEIGHT... they are just 6 inches to SHORT ! Wink
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 1:57am
That chart is not correct.  Take into account that MUSCLE weighs more than fat.  So a well muscled (I used to be) guy vs a flabby that can't even get up off a chair, is a real laugh.
Old age,,,,,,,,,,,,,it still beats the alternative.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 3:46am
Juss abouts puked on them hills of fat rolling comments.

As for that chart, I think it's for them non-work'n yuppies...

Couple years back, the doc said I was a little over weight at 5'10 an 150# +/-. I felt like I was wavin in the wind while knock'n on heavens doors and they weren't lett'n me in. Said to the doc, I haven't got nothin left to shed, I'm skin and bones now. He says well 'you can lose a few more', SHEESH! Wacko  Day-um, you gotta have some muscles if your going to work hard, and should be in the 175-180# range... and no fat.                      
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
GSTROM99 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSTROM99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 1:34pm
Setting off car alarms, as she walked past?
Tad Wicks View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 11:59am
YOU GUYS , I can't really top any of those. SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile 
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 7:50pm
An English guy I used to work with had a big wife.  He used to describe her as a "year 'round girl".  "Shade in summer and warmth in winter"!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic