This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H-3's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob-Maine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H-3's
    Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 6:59pm
Just got a look at a friend's latest purchase, or half of his latest purchase. An H-3. The other half was another H-3. This is number six and seven. I asked him if he ever wondered if anyone else has seven
H-3's./ Gotta love it. His wife wondered why he needed two more. My answer was, what does need have to do with it. Do I sould jealous?
I only have one ;>) Bob@allisdowneast
Sponsored Links

kip in cny View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kip in cny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 9:02pm
you should get some photos of his collection. If you ever get one stuck it would be handy to have that many. 
160 CA 920diesel 5020 HD-3
Kipn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kipn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 9:22am
Didn't know that there was that many in Maine. The only one I've seen for sale in New England was mine 18 years ago.
1961 H3
Bob-Maine View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob-Maine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 6:01pm
Kipn, Actually, they are pretty popular in Maine. I've come across several. They may have been used in logging operations. Bob@allisdowneast
Mike R. in Maine View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike R. in Maine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 8:20am
Since I subscribe to the more is better theory, as long as I can afford it, I did add # 6 & 7 H3's to the Herd this weekend. I have an operating H3 manual angle outside blade, two loader versions, one to fix that has the original rear weights and ripper set up minus the bar.3 future parts blade tractors, and one of these latest ones has the 6 way power blade and winch with a log arch to fix up. ( needs a little tlc ) The fact I work at a Massey dealership and always let on that I"m an orange nut, I get quite a few leads to fuel my addiction. Bob ,after you get the four projects done you're working on, we need to get your H3 stood back up and going.... :-) 
Bob-Maine View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob-Maine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 9:08am
Mike, you are right, as usual. But I promised myself that I would restore the '41 B after the current four are complete. Any bets on when that might be? Bob@allisdowneast   
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 3:31pm
You guys are killing me. Let us see some pictures. My Cousin that just passed away had an Allis with a loader. It had set in the shed for years so I went over there a couple times and charge the battery and messed with it till I got it running. I drove it outside the shed, raised and lowered the bucket and backed it back in. A couple months later he had an auction and it sold for $7000. The track adjustment was all used up and the tracks were loose. It did seem to run OK but the loader acted like it had a bunch of air in the lines. It would bounce up and down as you operated it. Anyway after the sale, my SIL who was a Great nephew by marriage said Delbert probably would have given us the loader if we had told him we had a use for it. I still don't know what model it was but it was based on either a D14 or D15??
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
smlac View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smlac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 4:02pm
I'd like to see some photos too!  I have an H3 and an HD4 (and a B).  I just joined the Forum.  This is great being able to find other AC nuts!!!

Kipn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kipn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 10:21am
Originally posted by CTuckerNWIL CTuckerNWIL wrote:

You guys are killing me. Let us see some pictures. My Cousin that just passed away had an Allis with a loader. It had set in the shed for years so I went over there a couple times and charge the battery and messed with it till I got it running. I drove it outside the shed, raised and lowered the bucket and backed it back in. A couple months later he had an auction and it sold for $7000. The track adjustment was all used up and the tracks were loose. It did seem to run OK but the loader acted like it had a bunch of air in the lines. It would bounce up and down as you operated it. Anyway after the sale, my SIL who was a Great nephew by marriage said Delbert probably would have given us the loader if we had told him we had a use for it. I still don't know what model it was but it was based on either a D14 or D15??
The H3/HD3 is based on the D15. My pics are of parts all over the shop. 
1961 H3
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic