This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H3 Pictures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H3 Pictures
    Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 11:02pm
An old girl with a 'make-over'.

Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
Sponsored Links

Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 8:20am
mighty fine job. love to see great detail in restoring.
R.W View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R.W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 8:23am
Nice!

In Search Of: 1958 Allis Chalmers D17 Diesel serial #9643D
warddc View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warddc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 8:35am
Very nice! Question on paint job. Did you have to dis-assemble the tractor much to get such a good paint job? I am going to be painting mine and wonder how to get paint into all the 'knooks and crannys".
1962 H-3 Dozer
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by warddc warddc wrote:

Very nice! Question on paint job. Did you have to dis-assemble the tractor much to get such a good paint job? I am going to be painting mine and wonder how to get paint into all the 'knooks and crannys".

I didn't have to do much dis-assembly for the paint job. It helps to remove the seat and maybe some things around the operator station. I painted the hood panels off the machine and that makes spraying easy around the engine room too. You have to be able to start it and lift the loader up and re-start for tilting the bucket in the different positions as well as rolling it back and forth for the sprockets and idlers. You become a bit of a contortionist getting in and around the loader frame, tilt cylinders and everything related. If yours is a blade machine some things will be easier but it is surprising how much paint you need before attachments are all done. My job was nowhere near perfect but it sure makes you feel better about your machine ......from walking by it glancing at it ....to operating it Big smile.
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
warddc View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warddc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 9:59am
Who did your seat for you? Looks great!
1962 H-3 Dozer
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 10:07am
That looks like a real handy unit -- specially with the 4 in one bucket.  Makes me think of all the newer skid steer outfits and how people think the grapple bucket is a new idea when its just a new version of the old Drott 4 in one.  Great job!!
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by warddc warddc wrote:

Who did your seat for you? Looks great!

Luckily for me the guy that owned it before me had it in that shape already. Hopefully you have the original seat to refurbish. It's not a hard one to re-do, most auto glass shops do upholstery too, just ask for an estimate first, some are a bit pricey. If you don't care to have an original seat there are after market tractor seats at competitive prices. I did that with my Cat bulldozer. On that, 'original' wasn't that important to me.
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by B26240 B26240 wrote:

That looks like a real handy unit -- specially with the 4 in one bucket.  Makes me think of all the newer skid steer outfits and how people think the grapple bucket is a new idea when its just a new version of the old Drott 4 in one.  Great job!!

It's true, the 4 in 1 bucket has been around a long time just like the 3 point hitch on farm tractors. These ideas are hard to improve on because the concept is quite complete on its own. I will say that the late model skid-steers on rubber tracks will work circles around these older machines, particularly concerning job-cycle speed and less damage to the ground. For an old guy like me I guess I'm a little 'stuck' on these older machines.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic