This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H. F . Tool boxes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H. F . Tool boxes
    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 2:44pm
Just pickup the 2 of them up. Sure glad I've got a set of forks for the skid loader. These things are heavy. 1st load in my new pickup. Now I'm getting drug into Menards for more custom electrical stuff. It's just down the street. I think the big ol back cracker got me back in earlier today. At least I can walk.
Sponsored Links

john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 4:13pm
I read that as Henry Ford Tool boxes.Smile
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Amos View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 5:21pm
They are actually pretty good boxes.  The only problem for me with them is that the drawers are just six inches too shallow for all my socket trays...or I would have an orange one in my shop right now...
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 5:58pm
I got the forks on the skid loader and got them off the pickup and in the shed. Got the top and cardboard sides off the boxes, but these dang things are so heavy, I can't get them off the pallet they came on. Grand son and I might get them off in the morning. I was not expecting them to be this heavy.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 8:31pm
the one I got I had to tip it on it's back to put the wheels on it, then I couldn't tip it back up on the wheels, had to get sum help. Amos, then have lots of different boxes with dif drawer depths, and most all of them come in orange.
Amos View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 5:06am
Shameless, yes I know they have different combinations of drawer sizes.  I was referring to the depth of the drawer not in height but in length from front to back.

And you can stop telling me they all come in orange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I see them every time I go into the store all the way from the parking lot, I want one  set up with all the boxes so I can get down to one box rather than three in my shop. but I need the right size drawers or else will have to change a bunch of trays, etc
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 5:26am
re: .. the one I got I had to tip it on it's back to put the wheels on it,

Shameless , you were supposed to put the wheels on BEFORE you fill it with tools !Cry
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 6:40am
I thought he was filling it with food. LOL
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Amos Amos wrote:

Shameless, yes I know they have different combinations of drawer sizes.  I was referring to the depth of the drawer not in height but in length from front to back.

And you can stop telling me they all come in orange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I see them every time I go into the store all the way from the parking lot, I want one  set up with all the boxes so I can get down to one box rather than three in my shop. but I need the right size drawers or else will have to change a bunch of trays, etc
check out StorLoc boxes in Illinois we talked to them at the Farm show in Louisville
Ranse View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 6:56pm
My daughter got me one for Christmas. It’s an orange one. I been thinking about putting some AC decals on it. I like it pretty good, but there’s one thing I don’t like. You have to raise the top lid before the drawers will open. I know it’s so you can lock it all up with one lock and key. It just makes it harder to grab a wrench quick.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 8:45pm
leave the top open???? (poke,poke). o-k Amos...i'll quit telling you that most of them come in orange...(hummmm...I wonder what else I can say to him?). awwww...I better quit for now!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 8:49pm
Jay and Chaz...I gots the big bottom chest (the one with the wheels) full of cooking/grilling stuff like plates, utensils, bowls, pans, spices, bouts anything/everything I might/do use. the top chest has some tools in it that we use around the house the most.
Amos View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 5:14pm
Hey Shameless...did you write that toolbox off as farm expense?  That how come you have a few tools in the top of it????
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 1:14am
Grandson and I got these things unpacked today and got the wheels and handles put on. They are black, only color these come in. I figured both locks were keyed the same, their not. Haven't gotten to put tools in them yet. Had to work on the dang trailer today. Gotta get another back treatment tomorrow and put the finish coat on my oak panelling, Run a couple of plug in's, cut 2 shelves outta some 3\4" plywood and iron on the edges, then put the prestain and 1 coat of stain on them, and whatever else my dang old back allows.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 8:38am
With all the years of medical tech know how and break throughs, you'd think they'd be able to fix up our backs for us by now. I could sure use a rebuilt one, way past the buff and shine stage. Disapprove  I guess we just have to grimace and bare it.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 10:45am
I never thought about farm expense. Don't tell the old gal, she'll insist I put them in her shed and every dang time t want a wrench I'll have to walk next door to get my wrench outta my tool box.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 10:02pm
naw Amos...I have nuff expenses from the farm since the stockholders have the big green farmers farming it. they told him it costs $480 per acre input costs...and they paid them! with these renters and taxes, the farm makes ZERO money now.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

naw Amos...I have nuff expenses from the farm since the stockholders have the big green farmers farming it. they told him it costs $480 per acre input costs...and they paid them! with these renters and taxes, the farm makes ZERO money now.

Hay not to be poking you,but who gets the Trump welfare money for farmers. Or where you so pure you never took any government money. And no you don't need give a answer. Just wanted to make sure you knew that there has been money from the devil again. Cause it came out of the blue to me,but I sure didn't send it back. I would of never known if I had not signing up for the government subsidized insurance on my cow pasture. I was always told your competing against the farmer that take the cheese,so I might as well take it too. 
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 2:08pm
I'd rather see you farmers get it than the illegals.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 7:38pm
I got 1 of them filled up today with my painting stuff, just the air operated stuff, Sanders, paint guns, razor blades, painters tape, etc. All of the electric stuff is in the basement. I can now see about 1/4th of 1 of my benches. Also getting my bolt bin set up. I bought it about 10 years ago at the old gals aunts sale. They had a building on their place that made campers, pickup toppers, etc. This must have come from that factory. It has a lot of odd stuff in it, pitching a lot in the iron pile, saving a lot. Should have it stocked next week. Several tools I have never seen before. Lots of odd ball wiring stuff. Most of it is Rusty and scrap. Might get the second box filled next week. I got's the grandsons 4x4 Kawasaki Bayou 400 sitting in the road waiting on a motor gasket and a new timing chain/gears. Can't wait to get it outside and move these boxes to the other end of the shop. He's got 2 days off this week and we'll get the clutch cover off this bad boy so we can replace chain. I got's to use my new camera with the 3' long snout to look at the bottom gear. Its a cool tool.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 03 Mar 2020 at 7:40pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 9:48pm
Ray...the FSA office told me I was to get so much $$$$ this last year, I never saw any of it, they sent it to the corp. and they divied it up and gave it to their kids. i'm keeping track of things, and saving paperwork, someday a bomb is gonna drop on their party!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic