This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Great day for a pull

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great day for a pull
    Posted: 11 May 2019 at 8:05pm
We had our regular Spring pull today. Weather was great, athough I believe that many stayed home due to yesterday’s rain. The track took a bit of extra working time to get in shape. Although after that it held up very well. Nearly 80 hooks in just over 4 hours. Due to the many half motors tractors that slowed us down somewhat. If they were racing, they would need to be timed with an hourglass instead of a stopwatch 🙀
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Sponsored Links

Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 6:50am
Paul
    Glad to hear news from way off .
    I have been chompin at the bit to exercise the CA.  We have probably had one of the wettest springs on record. We just may get to get a pull in next Saturday the 18th at Cooper,Tx.  A good way off in miles to get there. 118 miles one way.
    Looks like we will be cool and sunny all week to dry things out. What got me worried is a look at the 10day this morning for Cooper,TX   30 % chance again for AM storms Saturday. I hope the forecast looks better as the week goes by.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 10:55am
Ken: The wife and I were talking about the rain today on the way home from breakfast at one of the local fire departments, saying that it sure looks to be a repeat of last year. It's so wet around here that a toad took cover under the rear tire of the CA that's been sitting on the trailer that last two weeks since coming home from the last pull and we didn't see it until I unloaded the tractors at the pull yesterday. He now has a new home in the woods at Crownsville.  I'm even giving up on planning a tractor ride from here, because of the rainy summer we are most likely going to have. 
    BTW, The CA won the 2500 pound class pulling 255'11" in 3rd gear @ over 10MPH.
for the 3000 class It won with a similar distance pull in 2nd  @ about 8MPH.  
    Our sled is so easy to set for various tractors that the 2 W30s made a 340+' pull (the sled was set lighter than for us in the 2500 pound class). We hate to hit the Historic tractors hard, even the F12s are able to pull about 150' the way we set the sled for them. NO 5' pulls at our tractor pulls, even if it gets muddy. Everyone deserves to have fun and it is much more sportsman-like than not even giving everyone a chance of getting the sled to start moving. Our clubs goal is for everyone to have a good time. We don't want anyone, regardless of what color their tractor is, to feel unwelcome.    

Edited by PaulB - 12 May 2019 at 10:56am
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic