This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Grandson helping today

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grandson helping today
    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 8:41pm
Thanks to him, we got the new lot fence put up today. Left a bid on some cattle panels that were at a consignment auction. Got them for $10.00 each. Unfortunately after we got started we changed the route of the fence and had to run into the local ACE hardware and pickup a dozen more at $22.00 apiece. We got all the posts driven, all the panels put up. Once he got the hang of how it needed done, kid is darn good help. Next summer we gots a quarter mile or so more to do. He was complaining about a blister on his left hand.    poreing down rain now. We are sure needing it. Crops here are almost out. I do have 1 neighbor who has a field of very late planted beans that may be deer feed this winter. Looks like they were planted as an afterthought.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 09 Nov 2020 at 8:45pm
Sponsored Links

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 8:54pm
Great to have a grandson to help and letting him experience some hard honest labor is a good thing. Tell him that I am proud of him. Both of you will have some fond memories in years to come. I enjoy working with my granddaughter and she is not afraid of hard work either.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
allischalmerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allischalmerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 9:53pm
My grandkids are all too busy to help! What a blessing!
It is great being a disciple of Jesus! 1950 WD, 1957 D17...retired in Iowa,
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 12:16am
what are you fencing in/out?
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 6:03am
re: what are you fencing in/out?

in.... cattle

out... demoncraps
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 8:48am
Kids need to be taught about hard work, and how to do work with your hands. Carpenter, woodworker, electrican, welder, mechanic... all good trades... and if you do something else, you have a good background for the rest of your life.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

in.... cattle

out... demoncraps

He needs cemetary fence, fer that!Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by DiyDave DiyDave wrote:

in.... cattle

out... demoncraps

Can you post a picture of a cemetary fence please WinkWink ?? And I got chastised the other week about the letters dt in one of my replies ConfusedOuch ??
To Tom, good to hear of quality time spent with a grand kid ! Glad to know that they're not glued to a monitor/gaming system WinkWink

Edited by FREEDGUY - 10 Nov 2020 at 6:24pm
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 8:33pm
And I got chastised the other week about the letters dt in one of my replies ConfusedOuch ??

Not hardly... if thats all you learned about your post, you MISSED IT !  FLY OVER ?
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 4:44am
Originally posted by FREEDGAS FREEDGAS wrote:

Originally posted by DiyDave DiyDave wrote:

in.... cattle

out... demoncraps

Can you post a picture of a cemetary fence please WinkWink ?? And I got chastised the other week about the letters dt in one of my replies ConfusedOuch ??
To Tom, good to hear of quality time spent with a grand kid ! Glad to know that they're not glued to a monitor/gaming system WinkWink

[TUBE]mE3ehB9jpts[/TUBE]

Edited by DiyDave - 11 Nov 2020 at 4:45am
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 10:03pm
Shameless, needing a few calves to chow down on some hay. Wish I had some ear corn on top of the hay. This kid is an absolute nut about hunting and fishing. Wish I had a couple hundred acres of timber/ pasture/with pond or 2 for him to hunt. I bought a flat bottom fishing boat about 30 years ago, bought a new motor about 10 years ago that I've never had in the water, he uses it so much, I just gave it to him and his dad. He goes to his other grandpas place and hauls corn outta the field, bins it, hooks up wagons, etc. He'd love to get into his other Grandpas combine and run some corn. I've been mentioning to him, he might want to look into becoming a DNR official. We'll see.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 13 Nov 2020 at 10:11pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic