This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

govner over rideor jurk cable

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmartin55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: govner over rideor jurk cable
    Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 10:18pm
can any one post picture..would really help..or explain...thanks   bob
Sponsored Links

Kip-Utah View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip-Utah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 11:43am
Not too complicated... also not legal anywhere that I know. Just hook it to the carburator throttle control linkage so that you can hold the carb open when the governor tries to close it. Kip
HANSEN'S OLD ORANGE IRON. Showing, Pulling, & Going!!
bmartin55 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmartin55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 9:49pm
thanks  kip  ...they u see over rides in our area..i would like some way to make it not so obvious...aney imput ...runing a  wd with e glaner..Clap    thanks  bob    god bless
cotncrzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 6:42am
  We tied one the the linkage using the choke linkage. To be honest I think it hurt it when the load got on it. The govner is way smarter than you, no offence, but it can see changes comming before you can.
C, WD45,WD puller, 185, 200, 7060 Red Belly, 7060 Black Belly,8010, and a R52 Gleaner, AND PROUD OF THEM!
allismanamp View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allismanamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 10:27am
Guy I knew switched the choke cable to make the governor run faster but as posted that tractor has blown up a lot of times and is not very reliable the guy spends 10 to 15 thousand every 3 years rebuilding everything just his crank alone cost him 5,000 but he claims he is running 8000 rpms! I know his little Allis screams down the track
~AMP~
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 12:25pm
If these are numbers this "guy" is providing, there's a whole lot of B.S. involved.
Kip-Utah View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip-Utah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 11:44pm
8000 RPMs?! My BS meter just pegged!!!
HANSEN'S OLD ORANGE IRON. Showing, Pulling, & Going!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic