This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Got my new toy home!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sitesstables Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got my new toy home!!
    Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 5:40am
Well since posting a pic of my "new" WD, I finally got it home. We used it last week to mow and rake hay. Now it is my farm where it will get some much needed attention such as having the air breather and sediment bowl hooked up, carb rebuilt and some gaskets replaced. I unloaded it of the trailer and then since it was a nice evening I drove it in a nice little drive around the farm for about 15 minutes. Here are some more pics. I can not find a serial number on the WD, only on the left side of the engine.. Also need to get the charging system going, the alternator does not work so you have to unhook the battery all the time.
The Rims are not for this tractor as you can see, but it came with one of the actual rims other was rusted.
SHe may not be pretty but she is fun!
Sponsored Links

Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 7:23am
Go here for serial number location on different model Allis tractors.

http://people.clemson.edu/~wsmth/SNLocat/ACSN.htm

Dusty

917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
bigfish_Oh View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigfish_Oh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 7:51am
A new tractor is always a fun project. Even if your charging system is working, I added this cheap dissconnect hiding in the tank support.

1941 WC sat for 29 years,started & dynoed 27 h.p.
1957 WD45 Grandpa bought new,factory p.s.,added wfe
1951 WD, factory p.s.
1960 D14 HnMk IV BkHoe 4 sale
2014 HD Tri Glide
2009 GMC CC SLT Dually
ohnomrbill View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohnomrbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 7:59am
Enjoy the new tractor, it's always fun to start the fix-up process.  I generally run out of $$ before I run out of ideas.

I'm sure you'll get the electrical going, the alternator wiring is pretty simple especially if it's one of the one-wire deals. 

DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 8:32am
Nice looking tractor - good tin from the looks.

Personally, I would not be raking hay with a disconnected air cleaner.  It tends to cause problems that cost money...
Sitesstables View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sitesstables Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 8:47am
Well I start my 7 days off after 1800 tonight!! So I get all that time to play with my new WD
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 9:06am
Nice looking WD you got there! I with the guys please put the air cleaner hose on her.
Don
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Kenny(AR) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny(AR) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 9:43am
Sitesstables, your last statement "She may not be pretty but she is fun" reminds me of a couple of gals I dated before I got married. LOL  I just couldn't resist.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic