This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Going Pulling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip-Utah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Going Pulling
    Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 10:48am
I'm getting excited!! I'm going pulling at the Washington County Fair this weekend. This is where I won my first pull 21 years ago. I'm taking the same tractor. A 1950 wide front C that has been sidelined for the past few years. I owned the 3,000 lb class with this tractor for about 10 years then the competition got much better. I deep sixed the original Calcium Chloride "loaded" tires. I replaced them with new 11.2 X 24 tires on 10" wide Farmall A type four hoop rims on doubled up wheel centers and I built a front weight rack to take suitcase weights. The only weights that I used previously are the factory engine side weights and this tractor has always needed more weight up front. We're also taking Dad's single front wheel C and our 1937 & 1938 WCs. Wish me luck! Kip
HANSEN'S OLD ORANGE IRON. Showing, Pulling, & Going!!
Sponsored Links

NEVER green View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 5:00pm
    Great luck!!!
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 11:14pm
send us some pictures  i am getting a good start on my 37 wc would like to see what you have done for wheels on yours?         my rears  are realy beyound saving .        come up to box elder county this summer their are four or five pulls scheduled so far     are you going up by moses lake if so what day ?  i think i seen some of your equipment down to ogden about twenty years ago it looked very sharp      good luck     
Kip-Utah View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip-Utah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 6:43pm
We had a great day pulling yesterday. Dad won both the 2500 & 3000 lb classes on his 1948 single front wheel C. He beat me on my 1950 C in the 3000 lb class by 3 inches!! Dad also won the 3500 farm stock+ on our 1938 WC and the 4000 farm stock class on the 1937 WC. I was the brides maid in the 3500 farm stock on the 1937 WC and also the 4000 farm stock+ on the 1938 WC. So in four hooks Dad had four firsts and I had three  seconds in three hooks! Dad didn’t plan on competing in the 3000 class but I had already entered him so it ended up costing me the class win…but it was cool to finish 1st & 2nd. It’s great that an 87 year old guy can still show the youngsters how it’s done…but I’ll get him next week at the “Cotton Days” pull in Washington, Utah!
Kip-Utah View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip-Utah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 6:53pm
Yes we did pull a couple of our tractors at Ogden about twenty years ago, when their club hosted the EDGETA regional show. As a matter of fact that pull was run as a percentage pull with all tractors competing against each other, and my 1950 C that I just started pulling again after a few years rest, pulled the highest percentage in that show. As far as wheels on our WCs…The 37 has the original 24” spoke wheels with 14.9 x 24 tires. Our 38 styled WC has the original pressed steel 24” wheels with the same size tires as the 37.
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 10:25pm
thats great you guys done that well  !.    i have been working on the 37 today i dont know what i will do about rims ican save the fronts with quite a bit of welding i would geuss that front spokes would be impossible to find   the rears i think iam going to try to find some rims to weld to those spokes and hubs  
Kip-Utah View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip-Utah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 11:10pm
1937 WC should have 6 bolt hubs with bolt-on 16” dished wheels. If your tractor has the early WC spindle mount 17” spoke front wheels then you can mount the later styled WC 5 bolt hubs with corresponding 16” wheels. Hubs from any WC, WD, WD45, or early D17 will all fit the early WC spindles. For back wheels, any WC back wheels will work, including the later styled 28” heavy cast center with bolt on detachable rim type. FYI, Farmall F20 36” spoke type wheels also bolt right on.

Edited by Kip-Utah - 23 Apr 2023 at 11:16pm
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 10:51pm
mine is six bolt with 16" dished wheels   it may be easyer to find f20 wheels up here , funny you should say that i am working on some tractors for a friend in holden he is taking a f 20 and md to ely on thursday to trade for a wc grader  
Kip-Utah View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip-Utah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2023 at 9:39am
Getting ready to go to the Cotton Days Pull in Washington City. We're taking the same four tractors that we pulled last week at the Washington County Fair. Dad is currently the points leader in four different classes & I'm sitting in second in three others. I hope that we can pad those totals tomorrow! 
Kip-Utah View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip-Utah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 2:20pm
We didn't do quite as well this week...Dad got a first and a second, and I got two seconds and one third.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic