This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gleaner K special

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grwhthunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gleaner K special
    Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 7:57pm
1975 Gleaner K corn and soybean special I just got done taking off corn with the 330 head. Bad year lots of rain had it all off except 4 acres back in November. Had to wait for the ground to freeze to finish. I somehow deleted the pics so I added it again

Edited by Grwhthunter - 18 Jan 2019 at 6:39pm
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 10:13pm
good looking combine!
Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 6:28am
That is a really nice looking combine. Looks like a fun little rig to run. I'd like to have one just like it.
Grwhthunter View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grwhthunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 12:09pm
Thank you guys. We got it for $2500.00 locally 5 years ago. Got a nice 10 ft. Header with it also. It ran real well and I drove it the 15 miles home. Took awhile as I would have to let traffic around me every so often. It was always shedded and maintained. Have had to put in a few bearings (countershaft) a few belts and hydraulic lines , and in the beginning of harvest this year the separator clutch went out and had to replace it and that big nut as I found a crack in it. I have been getting new parts from our AGCO dealer, and the bearings I got from Akron bearings. The are so much cheaper there. I picked a bunch of used parts from TMS Stoller tractor in Sterling Ohio. They have a 150 combines that they pick parts from. You go show them what you want and they give you a price. I got the entire separator clutch assembly for $75.00. I bought it because when I went to agco to get clutch plates and nut they told me some of those parts are now discontinued. It is the perfect machine for me as I only farm a little over a hundred acres and a couple of the fields I lease. They are 5-10 acres and tight to turn around so I can easily get in there with this unit. Thanks again for your replies. Ray
Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 1:48pm
I know where there's a nice Gleaner E for sale that I'd like, but I'd need to pick narrow corn rows with it and I don't think an E would handle the 3 row head very well.

How's your K do with the 3-row head?

Edited by Allis dave - 18 Jan 2019 at 1:51pm
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grwhthunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 3:25pm
Usually real good no problems. Could usually run in second gear. This year we had a crazy good harvest as we averaged 223 bushels a acre which was our best ever. Had to run in 1rst gear and slow the hydro way down. Everyone’s corn out by us was good this year. It didn’t take very long to fill the bin. Super clean example to as we are always complimented every year when we haul it in. So easy to get it dialed in. Does the E have a head on it now ? I think the E has the same motor a straight 6 Chevy correct ?
bradley6874 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradley6874 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 4:42pm
A e will handle a 330 nice and the e was the 226 like a d17 only real issue is bin size we had the bin extision and 2 8 inch boards
You can wash the dirt off the body but you can’t wash the farmer out of the heart and soul
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grwhthunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 6:52pm
My uncle had a E3 years ago and I couldn’t remember what motor it had in it. I was thinking it’s not real different from the K so I agree it should handle a 330 to. He is right that D17 motor is a beast !!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic