This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gleaner F pickup header hooks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73GleanerF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gleaner F pickup header hooks
    Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 3:00pm
Hey guys, I was hooked up my pickup header onto my gleaner F and apparently the top hooks didn't latch and the top of the header fell and snapped off the bottom hooks! I was going to fabricate some but was wondering if I could order replacement ones instead?
Thanks
Sponsored Links

Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 3:15pm
Do you have part number
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 3:20pm
Show me a picture. I'm not as well versed on Gleaner parts as other Allis parts.
I have some NOS parts that may be what you're looking for.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
73GleanerF View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73GleanerF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 6:30pm
No sorry
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73GleanerF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 6:31pm
My picture won't upload on here for some reason but I'll try to find a link
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 10:54pm
Pretty sure all 4 hooks are the same just 2 welded in head and 2 in machine. Could make em but easier to cut them out of old equipment. Biggest issue would be getting things ready. Can you weld them back on? About easier to vee out and weld. The top ones hold the weight. The bottom just keeps it in line and keeps from separating when head is set on ground.
I see I was wrong in that all hooks are in head. I'm sure some were welded in because I torched some out years ago but maybe my memory isn't what I think it is.

Edited by SteveM C/IL - 04 Apr 2024 at 8:52am
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73GleanerF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 11:54pm
Would weld them back in but they are cast so probably going to fabricate some new ones
Don Jr NY View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don Jr NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2024 at 3:20am
I have a scrap grain head and corn head from an F. Are you looking for the two big hooks on top that go over the pipe or the two smaller hooks on the bottom that have the spring pin that goes thru the notch in them?  Don Jr.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2024 at 8:10am
70584645   $15.58  is a hook in a corn head and bolted in at bottom location
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2024 at 8:22am
73gleanerF, You had an earlier post about this machine's separator clutch adjustment. How'd that work out? 
Anyway early 1968 gleaner F / EIII may have had the older 4 "slot" cast hook header attachment design like shown below?

I believe the 1969 F / G /K & up serial #s had this newer 2 top hook onto pipe design like shown below. Since your forum name is 73gleanerF, I'll assume your are referring to this design?  Not to say that sometime/someone may have replaced its throat with an older 4 cast hook design shown above?  Can't see its lower slot cast hooks in this photo. But they are the same design as the earlier 4 cast hooks.

Edited by AC7060IL - 04 Apr 2024 at 6:51pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic