This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

F/S tight steering box for 616 620 720

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fasstman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: F/S tight steering box for 616 620 720
    Posted: 31 Dec 2014 at 5:00pm
I just pulled a tight steering box out of a parts tractor. I am putting power steering in mine so I do not need this one. $100.00 obo plus ride. P.M. me if interested.
Sponsored Links

coggonobrien View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2015 at 11:22am
What are you using for power steering
fasstman View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fasstman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2015 at 4:36pm
Seen someone here or simpletractors that put a GM 605 box in.
coggonobrien View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2015 at 6:04pm
interesting, wondering how much hp it will suck to run it.
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 5:28pm
any reason why you could not run it of the aux.hyd. that are allredy there i think those boxes run some where around 900 to 1100 psi but i do not know for sure would realy like to see how you do it my wd45 has factory ps. and i love it
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 6:53pm
That is interesting, being that I have a loader to put on mine. Right now would be the time to do it being its apart. I'll have ta' do a little research on dat'...
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
fasstman View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fasstman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 7:02pm
The 605 looks really tight in the spot on the pics I seen. There was no pto shaft in it. The fittings might hit. I might start on it next weekend. I am going through my hydro now. I would like to be able to use the hydro for the 605. I will have to try it out.
fasstman View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fasstman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 7:13pm
I have to figure out how to tie into the lines. I do not have any factory aux ports left. I have all four quick connects in the front.
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 7:37pm

my 616 tees of of the ports for the three piont for the front remotes but mine only has two  one of those lines on the hydro with constant presure would be the one and one return to tankor may be tee into one of the oil cooler lines return off the steering box does not have much presure   a few years ago me and a buddy was rigging up a portable 12v over hyd unit for his chev pulling truck because we didnot want to run the ps pump onthe motor i had gauges all hooked to get some  presureses for some reason  but i do not remember the numbers

fasstman View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fasstman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 11:42am
Steering box is sold.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic