This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis chalmers 912

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis chalmers 912
    Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 1:56pm
found an Allis Chalmers 912 6 speed on craigslist with a rebuilt kohler engine and 42 inch mower deck for $700. is it worth the money?
Sponsored Links

TL12A View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TL12A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 3:10pm
THE 900 SERIES TRACTORS HAVE SOME OF THE BEST DESIGNED MOWER DECKS EVER BUILT AND THE TRACTORS THEMSELVES WERE WELL BUILT. tHE KOHLER MOTOR PROBABLY HAS NO OIL PUMP, SO DO'NT USE IT A LOT ON A SLOPE. $700 IS A FAIR PRICE.--dAN
Crewchief View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crewchief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 6:35pm
Bought  this one w/48 inch deck last May for 300 bucks.Looks ruff around the edges but runz great. 'Was" my winter resto project,but seem to can't quit using it long enough to start taking it apart.Got all the owners paper work/owners book with it.Hope  this helps.
1952 B   1950 Ferguson TO-2O
Karter C View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 7:36pm
Thanks for the help here is a picture of the mower
ACmowerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACmowerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 10:43pm
Karter, did you buy it? It looks good, looks like it has a decent seat too.

Crewchief, your tractor looks too good to paint. You'd be surprised what some good cleaner wax will do. I would just paint the wheels. That will make it look new.
10 various B-series garden tractors, AC Homesteader8, 416 hydro,710 gt, 914, 916H, 917H, 920D, and many misc attachments
Karter C View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 11:32am
no I haven't bought it yet hopefully going to go look at it sometime this week
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 5:33pm
Rebuilding the Kohler alone has to be around $250-$350. I would think. I think that machine is well worth $700 bucks. To me, that should be in your garage about now...
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Crewchief View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crewchief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 7:02pm
Karter.That one looks real nice.U want regret it.

SteveNJ   My neighbors are just starting to get use to me/it riding around the neighbor hood . It's like my new buddy . That rat-rod mower
I had posted pic.s of on another thread,
"well' that one's left them ,,,,,,,,,,speechless.
1952 B   1950 Ferguson TO-2O
Toscani NE SD View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toscani NE SD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2015 at 7:57am
I will trade u a 912 hydro for your 6 speed
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2015 at 10:09am
Crewchief,
That's great man! Gotta' keep the neighbors on their toes. Yeah, we keep the neighbors scratchin' their heads around here two. One minute there's a few Tractors in the driveway, another minute there's a Dragster in the driveway, the wife goes down the street on occasions with her "Pro Mow" B110. Some of my streetrod buddies stop over on occasions. I think this Fall the Batmobile took the neighbors over the edge!  LMAO!! This Spring that'll be back to get rewired once our new building is up. I'll probably have the kids in the neighborhood over the house then.  LOL!

39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic