This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snow for Spring?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snow for Spring?
    Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 8:29am
Well the new Spring forecast here in west central MO is for 6" to 8" of snow!!!!!!
Where did the nice weather go? It's a good thing one of the WD45's has a blade on it still. I was going to start getting the tractors ready for field work, Now I'll be plowing snow and not dirt! LOL How's the Spring weather in your neck of the woods?
Don
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Sponsored Links

fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 8:40am
I think it's supposed to be 60 or better on tuesday.
We got about 4", real wet snow and ice underneath.
Kipn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kipn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 9:19am
70* and sunny here just outside of Boston. We'll get your current weather Tuesday, but only rain. Like we need more of that after last weeks 9".
1961 H3
Tim in arkansas View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim in arkansas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 9:53am
It was 75 Friday here in Western Arkansas  it is 50 (9:50am) Saturday morning  calling for for 4 to 8  by morning and my brother-in-law is is getting married today  if it snows it will be a wedding to remember   have a good day guys  
Allis Chalmers fan from Arkansas
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 10:13am
Don, I f you would have taken another 1.5" there wouldn't have been any left for us. I can't wait for the mid week warm up. It was pretty easy to get used to high 50's for a few days. Oh well my corn is picked and the picker is in the shed so I guess the snow won't hurt anything. LOL
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 1:24pm
Don, You can keep that darn snow over on the west side of Misery...or...I mean Missouri! I got too used to the nice,warm weather the past week or so and we are supposed to have a spring plow day at Mike's place soon! Oh...and keep the rain too! LMAO!  Rick
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 1:27pm
Motorcycle one day, snowmobile the next.
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 2:22pm
Fixer...you must be further east...here an hour West of Wichita we only got some white ground cover... So am looking forward to seeing the sun soon.
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 4:08pm
We got about 3 or 4 inches here east of Des Moines. It was 65 on Thursday. At least it's supposed to be back to the 50's by Tuesday...
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
Jeff Z. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff  Z.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 4:38pm
Poor Man's Fertilizer.
NICKMI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NICKMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 4:54pm
been real nice here for a few weeks I woke up this morning and the grass is covered with snow gotta love this weather eh
Jeff Z. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff  Z.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 5:06pm
It will do the grass good. Alot of nitrogen in snow.
Poor Man's Fertilizer.
Larry in OK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry in OK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 5:48pm
We had 70 here yesterday and have better than 6" on the ground and still piling up.
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by FloydKS FloydKS wrote:

Fixer...you must be further east...here an hour West of Wichita we only got some white ground cover... So am looking forward to seeing the sun soon.
About 6" on the ground now and expecting 2"-6" more in KC worse farther south and east.

Had to gather the troops to try to pull my boys car out of the ditch. He was about 6" from going off a 4' drop. Didn't work very well. Made it worse. Had to call the tow truck.
He has tow insurance so it's not a big deal. It was still $80.

Tony.Or View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony.Or Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 7:02pm
 Well i am sweating !!  Just  got  done mowing  the yard  for 2nd  time.   Cold  mornings sunny afternoon ,  just  right.  Western Oregon.   Tony
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 9:01pm
Tony, I think all too soon we'll be gripin about the heat. I used to really enjoy winter but no it just seems cold and hard to get around. I will enjoy the coming spring.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
David Maddux View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Maddux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 10:04pm
I was thinking about Michael Crow today. He and his sons were on a Cival War Reinactment this weekend. Those boys hands might be froze to their guns.  Dave.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 10:21pm
We got about a foot of snow on Friday, sunny and 40's today.  The roads never got too bad as they were still warm from the 60"s the day before.  Now the mountains are another story...
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 8:35am
OK the dang weather man was right for one time! We got it! Rick I hope you don't get the white stuff over there.
I was going to put some steaks on here but not today. lol
Don

3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 9:19am
Well,Don...we didn't get any sleet or snow,Thank God,but we did get some more rain (like we needed that) and some colder weather for a few days,I guess. My bones are aching...I need warm weather! LOL!  Rick
Skyhighballoon(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyhighballoon(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 10:26am
Rick & Don - I had about 2 inches of snow when we left Pilot Grove Saturday morning and was in it all day long up past Kirksville and across northern MO on the way back to St. Louis.  Just before Bowling Green is where we finally drove out of it.  Nothing here in the STL area. 

I had just spent about 7 round trips on the lane at the farm Thursday and Friday with the Oxnard blade and the D17 to get all the ruts out and bam more wet stuff to screw it up again!  I pulled soil samples on all my fields on Friday and it sure looked like they needed about another week of dry weather I'm guessing before those fields would have been ready for tillage.   First chance for plow day will be the Saturday after Easter...keep your fingers crossed!  Mike
1981 Gleaner F2 Corn Plus w 13' flex
1968 Gleaner EIII w 10' & 330
1969 180 gas
1965 D17 S-IV gas
1963 D17 S-III gas
1956 WD45 gas NF PS
1956 All-Crop 66 Big Bin
303 wire baler, 716H, 712H mowers
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 2:21pm
OK Mike my fingers are crossed! LOL  I got most of it Saturday afternoon and night.
Rick, I have a tractor just sitting here weighting to go to a new home. lol
Don

Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 4:20pm
Don, I'm ready for the tractor whenever we have the plow day. I've got my friend,Toby coming to pick it up on Sunday,the day after plow day,so make sure you bring it with you! LOL! We'll settle matters at that time. Or...bring it whenever we do have that plow day! LMAO!  Rick
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic