This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Salvage yard visit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onslowe in Mo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Salvage yard visit
    Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 4:37am
Went to a salvage yard last Thursday in southwest Mo.  Gosh, sure was depressing seeing stuff there that was better than I farm with, fun looking around, though, even found just what I needed.  Last summer I found out that Vicon mowers and steel pipe make for poor friends under the fescue!
Sponsored Links

Adam Stratton View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Stratton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 6:59am
If you are talking about the salvage yard out by Milford, I know exactly what you mean.  I feel like I am on a scavenger hunt, or exploring some wild jungle or something.  If you have been in the summer, you have also probably found some of the most blood thirsty chiggers and mosquitoes around!  I always do anyway.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 8:56am
Adam I would like to know where Milford is and what that salvage yard is called and do they have lots of orange? Thanks.                                                                                                                                   Thad
Tim in arkansas View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim in arkansas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 9:56am
Yea I to would like to know where the salvage yard is  looking for rims  clamps for a model B 1938   
Allis Chalmers fan from Arkansas
redline View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 11:02am
I imagine they will tell you right after they tell you where their favorite mushroom hunting spot is, and where that special hot spot on the lake is!
If it weren't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done!
Rogers View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 1:36pm
There is a salvage yard in south Georgia that I have bought parts from before. The last time I was there a friend asked me to find a metal hydraulic connector hose for his 180. The man running the yard knew just where one was. He drove right up to a 180 without a single part missing, all the metal including trim pieces, and good paint to boot. Almost made me want to cry to get the part.
Think for yourself and be your own expert. Be willing to change your mind; however, willingness to change your mind doesn’t mean that you will. Blindly following any path is the pinnacle of insanity.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by redline redline wrote:

I imagine they will tell you right after they tell you where their favorite mushroom hunting spot is, and where that special hot spot on the lake is!
LMBOROTF!
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 2:17pm
In these parts we tell our friends where good salvage yards are and try to help them with whatever project they are workin on.  I guess it's not that way everywhere. Not quite the same with a good mushroom patch.
Adam Stratton View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Stratton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 2:30pm
You guys are right, for the most part.  You never want to tell anyone else where your "secret spot" is, but I also hate to give the yard I am talking about too much free publicity.  They have about everything, and it is a little cheaper than Agco, but not by too much.  The name is Hilltop Salvage, and their number is 417-398-2816.  If you Arkansas boys get up this way and want to give me a holler, I will give you the tour here as well.  
Onslowe in Mo View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onslowe in Mo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 3:11pm
Yep, Hilltop salvage by Milford is the one.  Another one in the area is Austin farms, they are fans of orange, good ol' boys to visit with.  They advertise on this site.
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 8:41pm
Rogers, do you mind giving out the name of your salvage yard in south GA? And what part of south GA?
Holloway and sons tractor salvage in Shiloh, GA have two of what appear to be complete one nineties. Haven't been able to get close enough to check them out in depth though.
The rest of their orange is older stuff, and pretty well picked clean or rusted into worthlessness.
Carson946 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carson946 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 10:00pm
I know where there is a Tractor Salvage yard at in North Arkansas!   Smithville  AR
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic