This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D15 GOVERNOR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D-SERIES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D15 GOVERNOR
    Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 12:00pm
MY D15 GOVERNOR SHAFT IS WORN AND WOBBLES AND MACHINES GOVERNOR DOES NOT OPERATE PROPERLY BECAUSE OF THIS.  DOES ANYONE HAVE A GOOD GOVERNOR CAP ASSEMBLY OR A GOOD WAY TO FIX MY PROBLEM? THANKS
Sponsored Links

Rogers View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 8:41pm

You can get an after market governor. I have seen them on several websites for around $175. As far as the front cover and wobble. There is a bronze bushing in the cover that can be replaced. It is cheap and easy to replace.

Think for yourself and be your own expert. Be willing to change your mind; however, willingness to change your mind doesn’t mean that you will. Blindly following any path is the pinnacle of insanity.
GregLawlerMinn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregLawlerMinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2010 at 10:18am
If your govenor is wobbling, you either need to rebuild it, or replace it before the govenor disintegrates and breaks teeth in your cam and/or distributor drive gears. Awhile back I replaced the govenor assy on my D15 SII. The pins had wobbled out the holes in the weights and the front bushing was also egg shapped. One can obtain a govenor rebuild kit (new weights, pins, bushings); I chose to purchase a new govenor assy and bushing for the front of the cap. If I remember correctly, the replacement govenor assy I obtained from Sandy Lake Implement (SLI) was interchangeable between the CA, D10,D12,D14, and D15.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic