This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC DD grader year model and engine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exray4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC DD grader year model and engine
    Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 10:22am
Good morning all. Hope someone can help me out with an AC model DD grader serial number and engine casting number. Frame mounted serial number DD3913 and the engine casting 4514S..I can't read the last letter or number. The casting number on the head is 4514790. I think this 6 cyl. diesel engine is an AC 262D but I need the model year. The tip of an injector broke off and beat the tar out of the head and piston. The piston survived but the head is cracked and has to be replaced. Any help would be greatly appreciated.     
Sponsored Links

DonBC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 1:58pm
This is a coincidence as I have just told an acquaintance that has a DD grader parts machine that I would try and find the year of his parts machine from his serial number. I have the list for the D graders but not the DD. I don't know if his machine still has the engine on it but I can check. He is in Ontario, CAN and he is sending me a part for my grader via people attending the GOTO in Lathrop. So, if anyone has the serial number list for the DD graders could you post it here. Thanks. 
Jack of all trades, master of none
Exray4 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exray4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 3:01pm
Hopefully someone will have the info. I did find out the engine is in fact a 262D with the block mounted water pump. Thanks for posting.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 7:17pm
Grader is a '65.  Motor should interchange with a D-17D.
Exray4 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exray4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 7:43pm
Thank you for the information, Diy. I really appreciate it Now I just need to find a head.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic