This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brinly plow on AC720 series?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herb(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brinly plow on AC720 series?
    Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 6:39am
Has anyone used Brinly moldboard plow on AC620/720 series lawn tractors? I am considering a small plow but, at presenet, my doubts are outweighing any optomism. Herb(GA)
Sponsored Links

den/southern illinoi View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote den/southern illinoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 1:52pm
There is a 12 inch plow that was made for the 616-620-720.  See them
for sale on EBay every once in a while.  Den

Own 5 720 garden tractors with associated equipment,1 620 garden tractor, 4 wheel 20
2-5015, 5020 and associated equipment and 2 electric forklifts.
Herb(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herb(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 1:29am
Dennis, Thanks for sharing.  A 12" plow for a 720; is it  a disc plow or moldboard plow?  Concern is traction?  Disc plows are much easier pulling than moldboard plows,  If I ever get time will have to try an Allis G disc plow behind the 720.  Herb(GA)     
den/southern illinoi View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote den/southern illinoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 4:50am
It's a moldboard plow.   I have not seen a disc plow for a 720.
Den

Own 5 720 garden tractors with associated equipment,1 620 garden tractor, 4 wheel 20
2-5015, 5020 and associated equipment and 2 electric forklifts.
ACJohn View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 11:28am
Herb- I have one for my 720.  Setup is a little tricky, but once you get it adjusted, it seems to work really well.  I'm running fluid in the tires and chains, but no other weights.
Herb(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herb(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 11:36pm
ACJohn, Good for you; designed, built, adjusted, and works.  Can't beat that.  My opinion is since such equipment was not available for the 720, you have modified a Brinly (or similar plow) and adapted 3pt linkage?   Would appreciate a couple pix, and probably several other 720 owners would also appreciate pix. 
ACJohn View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2014 at 6:11am
Herb, what I have (I think...) is this (taken from Simpletractors.com site).
Herb(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herb(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2014 at 5:38am
ACJohn, interesting.  That is somewhat similar to AC's approach with the G; plow being between the front and rear wheels.  However, since there is not adequate room they just stuck it as close to the 720 as they could.  First impression is posssible side pull on the steering? Or does a good landside(?) on the plow handle that? Probably depends on soil conditions.
Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2014 at 6:34am
The plow is on the first tractor in the picture. Showing they could mount a front blade, mid mower, and rear plow at the same time
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
ACJohn View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2014 at 7:04am
Charlie175- yes and no.  You are correct, the moldboard plow is mounted to the 3 pt on the first tractor.  However, the grading plow frame mounts to a subframe that attaches to the tractor frame on each side of the engine.  And BTW, it's a pain in the butt to install!  The engineers didn't skimp on the steel on that one!!  I use a floor jack to position it.  When you install the subframe, you cannot attach the mule drive for the mower deck.  I think they just positioned the grading plow in front to make it look good.  I have all of those attachments on the first tractor, plus a sickle bar mower.
DON G View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DON G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 8:24pm
I had a plow like in picture 40 years ago.
Tractor was not heavy enough to get traction sold it and used D17 for plowing. Had deep lug ag tires too.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 8:36pm
I use a 10" Brinley on my 917-H (has 18 hp motor) and big cast weights on bar tread tires!--- it has factory made sleeve hitch and will plow 6 " deep or more and works great!---it will out plow my regular cub with an identical plow set up as 3-point! thanks; ac fleet
ACook View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 6:00pm
I made a 3pt to sleeve hitch adapter so I can pull my 10" plow with my 720. It had no problem turning over about an acre of old barn yard with turf tires. 20131023_130940-1.jpg
timflury View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timflury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by ac fleet ac fleet wrote:

I use a 10" Brinley on my 917-H (has 18 hp motor) and big cast weights on bar tread tires!--- it has factory made sleeve hitch and will plow 6 " deep or more and works great!---it will out plow my regular cub with an identical plow set up as 3-point! thanks; ac fleet

I pull the same plow with my 2110 Simplicity Landlord.

That 720 will have no problem pulling a 12" plow.

The key is traction. I noticed little difference using my chains on my 23x8 1/2x12 rear turf tires versus my bar lug tires.

It is best that your right rear tire be in the furrow and not riding on top of it with the wide turf tires.

Moldboard plows are designed to plow half the depth of their width, even though in the right conditions, they will penetrate deeper.
When was the last time you thanked a veteran.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic