This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC 5015 vs Deutz 5215

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC 5015 vs Deutz 5215
    Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 5:44pm
Can anyone tell me if the steering system is the same on both models? Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2010 at 6:26am
Been a while but, they are two completely different tractors if I remember correctly.
Chad(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2010 at 1:28pm
Thanks Doc...that's what I was afraid of.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2010 at 7:53pm
I know it's not wise to contradict the doc, but my uncle has an allis chalmers 5015, and I've got a Deutz Allis 5215, and the biggest difference between them is the color. The hoods and grills are also different, but the rest of the tractor seems to be almost identical. Supposedly Massey marketed the same tractor in a red dress as well. I did here once that AC had made a 5015 in more of a lawn tractor form prior to importing the 5015 from Japan, but I've never been able to verify that. One other difference between my Uncle's  tractor and mine is that his still looks as good as brand new, and unfortunately mine shows quite a little use.   Darrel
Chad(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 7:24am
Thanks Darrel... is your 5215 a FWD? Can you tell me if you have a tie rod running para llel with the front axle, or do you have 2 tie rods running from each wheel to the pitman arm? Chad
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 8:18am
Chad, my tractor is presently over to my neighbor's, so I can't look at it, but if I remember right, there is a steering rod running from under the operator's station to the front axle bell crank, on the left side of the front axle, and then another one running side to side parallel to the front axle. I will give my uncle a call, and ask him how his is, and then run over to the neighbor's and check mine out, then get back to you.     Darrel
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 8:31am
Chad, sorry I forgot to answer part of your question. Both mine and my uncle's are front wheel assists. Darrel
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 9:32pm
Chad, update on the steering system. I talked to my uncle, and he looked at his tractor. Said there is a steering rod running from operators station to front axle on both sides, and no tie rod between the front wheels. After thinking about it, I'm 99.9% sure that my 5215 is that way also. Hope that helps
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic