This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis HD 3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis HD 3
    Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 10:24am
Track and sprockets are the hard part and if they are worn - forget it !
If the clutches are same as HD4 plan on some head standing to get back in and if you did not take it apart - better have the repair manual to put it together . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Sponsored Links

James Coons View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Coons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 9:21am
Minnpar has the parts books online. You can find them here:

http://www.minnpar.com/manuals.asp

tractorman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 8:30am
I am getting y to go look at this dozer, i do appreciate the suggestions .  Does anybody have exploded drawings or pictures or partd list of the H3 of the steering clutches  they would be willing to share?  it siad the clutches are apart i don't know yet what to look for if they are in his shop as he says they are ?
Play on 38 B 49 WF , working on D14, D15 B10, Bee 12 B110. use 185 and 190
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2014 at 10:28pm
You may have to decide your main reason for buying an HD3, if it's for the fun of fixing it up or that you have bulldozing work to be done. Some parts are getting hard to get for these while other parts are no problem. Some of the repair work on these is complicated and may get beyond fun to do. If you would by far enjoy the use of the machine I'd recommend waiting until you find one that is in good shape and ready to use. These come up for sale on a regular basis and some are really nice and somewhat reasonable. The HD3's aren't exactly 'high achievers' but perfect and fun for many tasks. 
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 10:05pm
I have no idea how hard they are to work on, but in my mind, they are a good piece of property to own, so if at all possible, I'd sure try to close a deal on it. Someone should chime in on here eventually who has a little more mechanical knowledge of them. Darrel
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 9:50pm
D 15 type, my son has looked and i am going to, but that will wait until the snow goes and it warms a little. The owner says he has taken the steering clutches out, and you know the old story it  ran!  course who knows when, and if he can produce the clutches.  Are they hard to work on ?
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 2:12pm
Is it one of the very rare early HD 3"s with the two stroke detroit diesel, or one of the later ones that resembles a D 15 tractor? Darrel
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 9:12am
I am thinking about  buyinhg an HD  3,  he says the steering clutches need replacing what can you all tell me about HD 3's, what are they like, where to find parts, what to look for, how do i check the bottom carriage ?  Picutres ?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic