This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WTB - Hyd front pump for HD6

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccpanel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB - Hyd front pump for HD6
    Posted: 20 Feb 2014 at 5:38pm
looking for front hyd pump for 1964 HD6 with allis engine. not budu or detroit.

according to dad it mounts to front pulley.

send pics and price please.
Sponsored Links

Dozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2014 at 7:24am
The HD6 has a Buda HD344 engine manufactured by Allis Chalmers
Allis Chalmers bought out Buda
The HD5 has the Detroit 2-71
ccpanel View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccpanel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2014 at 9:18pm
ah-ha!

the guys at Arnolds in Colusa, CA(original allis dealer and yard FULL of orange allis....)

told me the OEM pump that goes with hardnose is not available to them, and not realyl worth the hassle of installation.
they suggested i just use my low pressure rear pump to run the dozer.

i may or may not.

first things first though-getting head rebuilt and engine fired up(for first time since 1988)
http://oldironforsale.blogspot.com/
Dozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 8:30am
If your HD6 had a live pto you could install a rear pump. I don't think HD6's with the pto option had live pto's. This means that in order to use your hydraulics you will need to do it while moving. You need a 30 gpm pump. An engine driven pump is more vercitile.   
ccpanel View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccpanel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 4:56pm
hence the reason dad wants the front drive version.
our rear pump i think is only live in motion.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 5:28pm
Try Ebay?  I think I saw a front mounted pump, for a dozer, on there a couple days ago.
ccpanel View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccpanel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 7:24pm
the front pump dad wants is specific to the AC in that it mounts to front pulley but stil clears hard nose.
he has a specific one in mind but I havnt been over to his place to look at his parts books.
hes still in hospital rehab after heart attack.
Andrew_D View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 8:28pm
Does it have to be the actual AC pump?? There was a thread on here not long ago looking for an aftermarket pump to put on an AC dozer.

Andrew

Edit: Found the thread: http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=83219

Edited by Andrew_D - 23 Feb 2014 at 8:32pm
dadsdozerhd5b View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadsdozerhd5b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 4:05pm
is the pump the same as a hd5b? I have a few of those. I will get pics as soon as possible. it mounts in the front and is driven from the center of the crank pulley. let me know if this sounds like yours. not sure of gpm but it runs a hd5b just fine. I do not have a parts book for a hd6
HD5B, HD5G, (2) FARMALL A's, CUB. DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, IGNORE THE LAUGHTER. FLANNEL IS ALWAYS IN STYLE.
ccpanel View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccpanel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 6:47pm
its highly likely.
dad says his motor is a allis not a buda. BUT.... i havnt got my hands on his parts book yet.
is your motor a detroit?
the one hes looking for is supposed to mount to front pulley.
we dont have one to compare.
next time I go out to farm(he comes home from rehab tomorrow) I will take pics of front pulley and look at parts book for numbers.
thanks!
dadsdozerhd5b View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadsdozerhd5b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 7:42pm
all hd5's had detroits. they all drive off of the front of the crank in the center of the pulley. hd6's should be the same. I believe the 6's had a longer track frame and obviously bigger motor but the rear ends were the same. I will get or find pics for you soon.
HD5B, HD5G, (2) FARMALL A's, CUB. DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, IGNORE THE LAUGHTER. FLANNEL IS ALWAYS IN STYLE.
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 11:27pm
if its a HD6 with a 6000 motor, the pump is integral with the resivior and valve in the front. buda powered ones have same setup as HD5, just the pump is on the front, tank and valve are on rh fender
tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
ccpanel View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccpanel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 12:22am
How do I find out what series engine it is?
ccpanel View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccpanel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 9:49am
and ours is for sure NOT a detroit.
ac_sd View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac_sd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 10:53am
I have a hydraulic pump off an early HD_6G with the 344 Engine. The mount would likely fit to the 6000 engine in your machine. You also might try John Parks at General Gear, He most likely would have one and He is very fair and good to deal with. His phone # is: 208-342-8911.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic