This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snow in 49 states

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyraddatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snow in 49 states
    Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 7:29am
Well so much for global warming, I saw on tv and read an articles in the news paper we have had some type of snow fall in 49 states, Hawaii is the only state not to see snow yet! It's 7 degrees in Plainfield, Illinois  this morning and 8" on the ground! How's things in your neck of the woods.
Danny

Edited by dannyraddatz - 13 Feb 2010 at 7:30am
Danny Raddatz
Sponsored Links

Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 7:32am
Danny, Most of the dang white stuff is gone, That's the good news, (>:
The bad news is more is on the way today. )>:
Don
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Tim in arkansas View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim in arkansas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 7:34am
Here in Charleston Arkansas the temp is 34 still have a little snow laying around  still on the roof  but getting muddy hate to go outside and work cause of the mud.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 7:40am
Up here in Northern NJ, we were spared compared to Southern Jersey and MD. Ole' man Winter dumped about 10" or so here this last storm. I hear we have another one coming, but don't know any accumulations so far. My snow blower, Honda HT, and 716H did the work of moving the white stuff, but down in MD. my nephew needed a payloader to do his 500 ft. driveway. He said he got 33" the first storm, and bout 18-20" on top of that with the second storm. He's about a 1/2 hour or more East from our boy Fred Lucabaugh .....
Steve@B&B 
Bill in Md View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill in Md Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 7:42am

We have had 2 twenty inch plus storms since last saturday. Md is not used to that much snow. Plow trucks can't get through many roads here. The county is using front end loaders to and local farmers with loaders to get people out. We had a local resident down a long drive way died of a heart attack. It took EMS 2 hours to reach him. 5 pieces of equipment got stuck trying. Calling for more on tuesday.

Kipn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kipn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 8:10am
Up here in northern Mass the only thing on the ground is dirt. The last 2 storms have pasted south of us and the rain before that wiped out all the snow we had except the snow banks. Something coming Tuesday, maybe.
1961 H3
gottfriedb View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gottfriedb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 8:29am
Here is Richmond, VA, we've not seen the ground since early January.  Flurries now.  More snow coming next week.  Not a typical winter.  I'm sure Gore and his friends will find a way to spin it into global warming!  Good thing I bought my B and a blade. 
My first tractor - 1955 B
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 9:40am
The good thing about all this snow we are getting is all the free nitrogen the ground is building up. LOL
Don
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

ToddSin NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToddSin NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 10:09am
We have about 4 inches on the ground here East of Rochester. All 4 snowmobiles sitting in the trailer with not enough snow to ride. I think if we had a winter house in FL I'd sell it and by one in Canada for the warm weather this year! LOL!
Sam T-Ga View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam T-Ga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 10:11am
 Got about 3" on the ground this morning in Monticello, Ga.  Pretty snow with electricty, thats always good not to lose power! Melting fast up to 45 at 11:00am.  Sam T-Ga.
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 10:21am
Pretty good little snow for this area, pretty,short lived, and like Sam said, power on!!
http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d84/Joecdeere/2010%20snow/?albumview=slideshow
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 10:29am

To echo what Bill said above, in Bel Air, MD we have the left over of a 22 inch snow and an 18 inch snow.  It has caused a real problem here since we have snow equipment but not the heavy duty stuff that is used further north.  However, our snow crews have done an outstanding job and the roads have been plowed.  Our driveways were opened by two compact John Deeres with front end loaders and a Case bobcat.  Worked great but we the problem is where to put the snow.  In the city they are dumping the snow in the Chesapeake Bay.  Here we are just piling it.  I had to shovel my front stoop yesterday and was throwing the snow my height 5' 11".

Come on man!!
We got to get Brian to send us the sun early.  About 80 in Perth today.
Good luck!
Bill Long
redline View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 11:22am
The folks at the Olympics in Vancouver might feel differently about global warming. I don't know, but something sure has all the weather patterns screwed up. I am tired of setting records for floods, rainfall, cold, hot, snowfall, you name it.
If it weren't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done!
Ron(WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron(WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 11:45am
Well, folks, despite your non-informed "so much for global warming" sound bites, global warming is here to stay. Just ask the polar bears. Anyone for travel through the famed "forever frozen shut" northwest passage? It's open now, for the first time in recorded bhistory. BTW, the erratic and unwelcome weather you have been experiencing (i.e. flods, drought, forest fires, etc) are here to stay, and will continue to build. You cannot deny reality with irrational sound bites, so live with it.
SOuthern4020 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOuthern4020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 4:12pm
We got 3-4 inches in east central Alabama about 15 minutes from the Auburn University campus.  Most of it is gone now and has been sunny all day.

gottfriedb View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gottfriedb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 4:36pm
SOuther4020,
 I just moved from Auburn, AL last march.  Lived there 5 years and we never got that much snow.  I moved to VA and with all this snow we are getting, I was getting home sick for "sweet old Alabama", but it looks like I wouldn't be able to escape the snow anyhow!
My first tractor - 1955 B
Jeff Z. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff  Z.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 4:45pm
That's the way it should be. It's winter time.
Everyone should get some snow for winter.
SOuthern4020 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SOuthern4020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 5:32pm
Yes we were glad to get the snow.  We need some good cold weather to help with the bug population.  But Im just as happy to see it gone.  On the bright side I got an unexpected day off from work to enjoy playing in it with the kids.  I realized I had a tractor collecting problem when after taking the kids pictures I had to go take all the tractor pictures.
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 5:56pm
I'll bet there is snow in Hawaii. Just check this web site.

http://www.bestplaceshawaii.com/tips/big_kahuna/ski.html

Dusty

917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 6:12pm
Yep, today was a first.  I fed about 7 500lb bales, to 6head of cattle, thursday, before the first (30") storm.  Didn't think much of it, cause normally, that's about 2 weeks feed.  Heard the darn cows hollerin, actin like they were starvin.  They had ate up 3 bales closest to the barn, forgetting, or unwilling to hoof it over to the other 4.  So I went out with the ASV RC30 and the 4' snowblower, and set about clearing about 2/10's of a mile of a path to the other hay bales, through the residue of the first storm, + the 16" of the second storm.  I thought the woolly buggers wouldn't figger out what I was doing, so I set about clearing 2 bales I keep close, just in case of such an emergency.  By the time I was out of the gate, the wiley critters had been following the newly blazed path, and almost beat me out the gate.  Luckily, I looked behind me, and was able to block the gate with the loader, till the hungry buggers saw the other bales of hay, and charged it.  Got the gate shut, and no escapees, anyway!
WaltN View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaltN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 6:28pm
Here in west central Wisconsin, there is about 6
inches of snow on ground. Most our big weather this winter has been
rain. Good thing is it gets too warm to make ice on things.
Walt
Rogers View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 9:09pm
Where I'm at in middle GA it was the first snow I recall sticking in about 10 to 15 years. There was some 6 or 7 years ago that stopped about 20 miles North of here. It's melting fast thank goodness. Don't need the power going out. 
Think for yourself and be your own expert. Be willing to change your mind; however, willingness to change your mind doesn’t mean that you will. Blindly following any path is the pinnacle of insanity.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 11:56pm
The first time I went to Hawaii, about 15 years ago, we could snow on top of the volcanos on the Big Island.  I believe I read there are something like 12 climate zones on Hawaii.
Our winter has been fairly normal so far, very snowy in Oct and Nov, not much Dec and Jan, about average so far this month.  Weather guessers are saying we'll get lots in March and April.  Just been colder then normal.  There is a glacier forming on the north side of my house that's been there since early Nov. 
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
j.w.freck View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j.w.freck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 11:00am
karnack,texas report...got 4 inches of snow through out thursday nite,but it was all gone by noon friday 52 deg.again.had a reaL good freeze about 2 weeks ago.hope it killed a bunch of giant salvania that is taking over caddo lake here in east texas.do any of you southern gentlemen have trouble with it on your kakes???
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic