This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I600 basic questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skeezix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I600 basic questions
    Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 7:21am
Considering an I600 for acreage tasks: loader stuff, blade the driveway, firewood stuff, and especially to push a snowblower when it drifts to become a hassle with my truck. TractorData site is woefully slim for this tractor, which I understand is a modification of the D15. My questions are mostly pertinent to the snowblower issue:

1) TractorData shows D15 (both series) at around 40 HP, but I60 and I600 at around 58 HP. I've seen a number of mentions saying they have the same engine, either diesel or gas.  What's with the listed difference? 18 HP can make quite a difference when choosing a blower.
2) Shuttle shift on the I600 is essentially the Power Director but with forward/reverse instead of hi/low? So what are the ratios or speeds of the four gears with the shuttle? I'm looking at shuttle tractors in hopes of finding slower reverse speeds for the blower.
3) TractorData site says that the D15 Industrial (so does that mean the I600?) had a PTO speed of 875 rpm. Verification, anyone? So what are the splines on that shaft?

Thanks in advance to answers for these or any other snowblower/loader tractor suggestions.
Sponsored Links

orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 7:39am
Excellent tractor for acreage and driveway snow clean-up.  I have the 615 Industrial which is the follow up to the I-600.  

Check the transmission thoroughly under load.  

Should have a good sharp "snap" when you engage the shuttle clutch.  

If it is a loader tractor - make sure you find weight for the rear tires.  

Recommend if you use the loader you find 11L X 16 rims and tires  for the front to allow the load to be spread.  

Good Luck....Orangeman
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 8:31am

The D-15 is a farm tractor so the the HP is rated at the PTO. Industrial tractors are rated at engine flywheel HP. the cluch packs in the shuttle and the power director are the same. Shuttle is created by an idler gear changing the rotation of one clutch pack. Since the PTO drive comes from this gear set, the shuttle changes the PTO speed. It's not 540 or 1000 but something between.  There were D-15 Industrial tractors before the I-60 which came before the I-600. I60 and I600 tactors are the same with the differences being in the backhoe.

Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
nickia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 9:16am
i have a 615 loader back hoe love it can push snow all day long and excellent on fuel

Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 12:06pm
Not all will have 3pt and pto. The gearing should be the same as the "high" side of a power director D15 tractor....so you will not gain a slower reverse.
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
allisguy.11 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisguy.11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 2:55pm
its a great loader tractor. awesome for picking up bales, for firewood etc….. but i don't think it would go all that well with a blower. I think the reverse gear is too fast. With tire chains, it'll go through anything.
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 12:38am
Don't hang too much hope on the 58 HP rating, I've had a I600 and while the machine has many good points the 4 cyl. diesel does not have the power you could wish for while doing loader work especially. 
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 5:27am
More like 40 HP gas, 36-7 diesel horsepower.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic