This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tractor accident

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tractor accident
    Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 9:14am

Just heard about this on WSB radio. Sad to lose someone to an accident. Don't think this was close to any of our Georgia forum members.  http://wsbradio.com/localnews/2010/02/man-killed-in-farming-accident.html

Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Sponsored Links

LarryWC In View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LarryWC In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 9:35am
MAN!,,round bail got him,,,,never thought about that having never messed with them but thats horrable!
www.allischalmersmuseum.com
Max(ia) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max(ia) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 9:55am
Bad business,  have heard of accidents where the bale was on a frt end loader, lifted too high  rolled down and pinned the operator.   Lifting from the end with bale forks is the best deal, but not TOO HIGH.   3pt better yet.
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 11:05am
The report did not say that it was a round bale. There have been similiar accidents around here with a young farmer north of here in a wheel chair for the rest of his life. Most accidents are with big square bales when the farmer is lifting two bales at the same time and does not have the a two bale guard on the bale spear attachment. The natural thing is to roll the bucket or spear back a little or if they are lifting the bales and don't have a self leveling loader, the top bale slides down the loader arms pining the driver or worse, killing him. I built a spear attachment for a telahandler that can handle three sqaure bales at a time for truck loading. It has a hydraulic top bale guard that can shift the third bale. Saftey has to be number one.
weiner43 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 11:38am
I sometimes see guys moving tractors around the field with the loader as high as it will go, some empty, some with bales in it. Makes me shudder, even with the loader empty, it still raisers the tractor`s center of gravity.
God bless our troops and the United States of America.

Pick your rut well, you may be in it a long time.
Bruce Mn. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Mn. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 2:05pm
I had a neighbor who was loading 16 foot logs onto a saw mill with his wd 45 with a loader & forks. he would lift the logs way into the air  on the rough terrain & move them to the sawmill. I said why do you lift them so high? so I can see under them., he said. Try looking over the log I told him. He had never thought of that, but it worked. A foot off the ground works just as good as 6 ft off.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic