This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New here..need some info I600

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vooodooo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New here..need some info I600
    Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 5:39pm
Hi all
Bought an I600 TLB.
She's had a very busy life based on the well documented service records of the Christian Mission Camp that bought it new.
The serial number of the tractor has long since faded and been painted over. The service records put it as a '68 ish. I have a serial number for the backhoe however.
Where can I get parts for it?
Thanks
Matt
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 8:15pm
What parts are you looking for?
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 9:51pm
The I600 is based on the D15 farm tractor.  Should not have any problems getting parts.  There are lots of vendors here who can help.  Where in Ontario are you, and what parts do you need?
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 5:35am
Advance construction Equipment when they were in Kitchener was one of the largest A-C industrial dealers. They sold 35 I-600 forklifts to one local rental company. They are now in Waterloo as a JCB dealer and most of  the old A-C guys are retired. They can get you parts. I have a lot of the old service books and manuals that came from Advance.
I also bought 3 A-C TLB from them. I-60, 715, & 715B that I still have as well as several JCB telahandlers..
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 5:48am
I have parts manuals for the I60, I600 and 615.  Can check for parts numbers if that would help. 

Orangeman
vooodooo View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vooodooo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 10:40am
Thanks all for the help.
I live near Owen Sound.
I got the whole thing for $3000, a bargain for a machine that runs, moves lifts and digs. I've already dug up a dozen stumps that I'd have beat my B414 to get out.
I first need a seal kit for the swivel cylinder on the hoe. It leaks very badly. So bad the top of it is always covered with a towel so you don't get sprayed with hydraulic fluid. Dowel pins for the same as it has lots of play.
I've got an issue with the governor. Setting a governed engine speed is difficult. The lever that connects the carb to the throttle (on top of the governor) is really sloppy. I don't see a bushing in the manual so I suppose I'll just pack it with grease unless someone has a better solution.
I received an AC binder with operator's and service manuals, that's a major plus.
As well the first owner has a build sheet with serial numbers for everything. Another plus. They even made drawings with all the lube and grease points. They were very diligent on maintenance but she still has lots of hours and shows it.
Thanks again, suppose as old as she is I'll be a regular on this great forum.
FWIW I've repaired hot tubs for 20 years and am well versed in most things snowmobile, computer and electrical, so if anyone has a question I'd be glad to help.
matt
vooodooo View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vooodooo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Calvin Schmidt Calvin Schmidt wrote:

Advance construction Equipment when they were in Kitchener was one of the largest A-C industrial dealers. They sold 35 I-600 forklifts to one local rental company. They are now in Waterloo as a JCB dealer and most of  the old A-C guys are retired. They can get you parts. I have a lot of the old service books and manuals that came from Advance.
I also bought 3 A-C TLB from them. I-60, 715, & 715B that I still have as well as several JCB telahandlers..

In the binder I received with the tlb there are some fax copies of parts breakdowns with Advance headers on them.
The previous owners must have used them as well.
Good to know, thx.
Ages Cat View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ages Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 6:04pm
The serial number is stamped on the left bell housing flange, just like the farm tractors. We have a 615 and I400 restored. Parts are not a problem. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic