This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7000's side panel latches

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7000's side panel latches
    Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 7:54pm
 Does anyone else have trouble with the side panel latches coming undone. We've ran over 1 or 2 from bouncing off brush hogging. Ive got like new panels on my 7060 now and decent on the 7050 and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to fix them so they wouldn't come off. There about $350 apiece around here. Thanks
Sponsored Links

Hurst View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 8:21pm
I had it happen to me too.  You can bend the latch strap part that hooks slightly so that will pull tighter, but otherwise, nothing I know of.  I ran over my left hand side panel this past summer.  Sure makes you sick seeing it get bent up.  I was able to straighten it out enough to use, but I'm on a relaxed search for a good set of panels for my 7000 around Kentucky.

Hurst
1979 Allis Chalmers 7000
5800 Hours
TobeMo View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TobeMo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 8:36pm
They should have a screw adjust bumper that you can screw out to put more pressure on the latch's to prevent bouncing loose. Remember to check the foam seals around the rad as there will be more room for debris to get into the front of the coolers and rad.  TobeMo
Dave King View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 8:42pm
When I got my second 7060, it had one of the latches replaced with a bolt with a fender washer.  The lock nut is welded where the latch used to hook.  It's not convinent or dressy, but it's alot more secure.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 8:26am
The bracket that is bolted to the sideframe has slotted holes on it.....loosen bolts and move it down for more tension.
7060 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 10:28am
I didnt realize that the brackets were adjustable. Ive bent the strap like Hurst says but it still seems to work loose. I was thinking about using a bolt welded to the bracket and wingnut. Ill try moving the bracket down today. I put foam around the radiator a few years ago, because I kept plugging my radiator with hay seed. thanks
Steele View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 9:09pm
ONe good bungy cord under front end holding both sides together has worked well for me the last several years.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic