This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Finally! - 180 LLSS Video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finally! - 180 LLSS Video
    Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 9:02pm
After a summer of bad luck and self inflicted wounds the old girl finally made a respectable shot down the track. Second place out of seven. I think 9 feet from first so a ways to go yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ikVBbPlol4

Little help on making the link a reality please - Thanks!
Sponsored Links

Breeze View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 9:08pm
here ya go

[TUBE]8ikVBbPlol4[/TUBE]

Edited by Breeze - 25 Aug 2013 at 9:08pm
O.P.S. Heads View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 9:08pm
Thanks a bunch Mr. Breeze!
Breeze View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 9:09pm
you're welcome
Glockhead SWMI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glockhead SWMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 4:23pm
Nice! Looked like he was sawing at the wheel pretty good. Must be a wild ride.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 5:52pm
You are very observant. Looks like he's driving a sprint car.

Dr. Allis suggested installing a spinner on the steering wheel. One of those good, metal ones with the ball bearings in them.
AC200Puller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC200Puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 6:05pm
Very nice run! I think if you get some of that teetering affect took care of a lot of that 9 foot would disappear. And yes I know every track is different and most sleds are different. The way I do it is watch a few run in the class before me move some weights around then watch a few more move some more around then my class starts and I move some again. Then I stand back and look and all I did was get some exercise because they all ended up where I started with them! LOL.Great running engine I love the sound of her!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 7:59pm
I agree if the tractor would not have been up and down on the front it would have went a little farther. Wasn't planned that way - just happened.

Edited by O.P.S. Heads - 26 Aug 2013 at 7:59pm
Hudsonator View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudsonator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 8:26pm
Is this tractor running your 6-port intake head?

Dang nice ground speed going on there!
There isn't much a WC can't do.

WD's just do it better.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 9:44pm
Nope still the OEM head on this one. Filled head with a little bigger valves and ported.

The ground speed is descent but in reality we need to get enough poop under the hood to run 10 - 15% faster yet. The competition dictates these things.

Planning on taking it to the truth detector this fall or winter and twist her tail. Going to do some direct comparisons of OEM parts vs. some custom stuff.

Edited by O.P.S. Heads - 26 Aug 2013 at 9:48pm
AC200Puller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC200Puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 5:29pm
Not saying you had it weighted wrong just trying to say how things normally go for me . If a guy could have a couple practice pulls before the real thing it would be nice. I am thinking with a few adjustments you can be right in there. With an engine that runs like that you shouldn't have to take second seat to anyone.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 10:15pm
There are two Internationals and a John Deere in the group which are noticeably stronger. They also do a great job of putting them down the track. The other AC's in the class are equally as tough as the one in the video. In reality the 180 is 100 - 150 HP short of the top three. More work needs to be done. Then when more power is found for the AC's you hope the red and green stay the same - which never happens. It's all part of the fun.    
coggonobrien View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 1:20am
You guy's pulling anywhere close this weekend or next?  Caitlin wants to see it run
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 3:53am
Don't know if you saw these pictures from Central City last year but kind of gives a guy an idea of how far the tractor has gone in a year.

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 3:54am
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 4:09pm
Very nice looking tractor , still kinda stock looking but a lot more punch - one obersavtion , is that the air IN right in front of the back tire ? Id luv to see under the hood
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 4:57pm
Have you guys ever talked with Jere + Jason Setter? They have the Orange Crush 180,s,, they are super nice guys and have those tractors runnin hard! They have the diesel twin turbo set up workin pretty good last time i seen them run

Edited by DougG - 30 Aug 2013 at 5:04pm
Larry W. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 5:26pm
Setters run triple charger settups on theirs. The one chassis just got sold and is coming to Wisconsin though.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 6:18pm
Its been a year since i was up there at their shop one had a twin setup ,, ,,,,,,,seen they had them for sale priced right too

Edited by DougG - 30 Aug 2013 at 6:20pm
Larry W. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 9:10pm
When they first got them they did have twins, but it has been a while ago. I have one of their triple sets sitting in the shop ready to go. Its for sale......
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic