This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Had a good first time

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Had a good first time
    Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 6:44pm
Well, went pullin in worthington mn and ran 3500 4000 4500 with a stock wd with piston 2 burnin a little oil. 3500 was a disaster as I dumped clutch too fast on start and shoot the front way up, made the crowd gasp and eyes go big. Tried it again at half throttle and slower clutch release and let the governor do its job. Went a little better but got 83.4 feet down the track and front end shot up and instead of throttling down I hit the clutch so it killed me there. 4000 and 4500 were perfect with 4000 being a little better pull. Was a good grippy track soo we ran out of power on 4000 and 4500. But they were good pulls with the front bobbing up and down towards the end. All in all got third in 4000 out of ten or so tractors only losing to one Oliver 88 and another Oliver 88 that shouldn't have been in stock class but was anyway. Got 10 out of 11 in 4500 beating a farmall h. By 52 feet. Got last in 3500 due to being the first hook I have done.beat all kinds of tractors in 4000 including a coup,e wd 45s some various farmalls and a mm za, got beat by second place by 10 feet by the Oliver 88
Sponsored Links

cotncrzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 9:16am
Good job, I wish I could find as set of scales that would allow my WD to pull in the 3500 FARM STOCK. Ours weighed closer to 4000 pulling Farmstock. Running out of power in the 4000, 4500 ????? something is missing, or something you are missing. That tractor should spin out in those classes. 
C, WD45,WD puller, 185, 200, 7060 Red Belly, 7060 Black Belly,8010, and a R52 Gleaner, AND PROUD OF THEM!
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 9:24am
No, that is just how grippy the track was, tack was awesome I give props to those guys. Also, if you want your wd to get to 3500 class for pulling you need to take everything off, we took off fenders lights toolbox pot shaft hydraulic pump, even the left hand quadrant lever for the pump, took off the hand clutch and all the knobs, I am sure there is more. Also we were like 3300 pounds with me on it so we had some moveable weight to play with. Comes fall after the pulls we are putting pot shaft back on to run the auger, taking off power adjust rims and putting wider ones on, and going through the motor to give it some pullin goodies
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 9:25am
Ohh and thanks
firephight View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firephight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 9:29am
I agree with should have spun.this is how I found out that mt govenor was only opening the throttle half also I advanced the timming a little and that helped a ton on engine load but can't get this stupid govnor to let me get over 1050rpm with a D17 spring
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 3:31pm
again, it was just that good, my grandpa pulled week before me on a slicker track and spun out all three times. even the heavily modified oliver 88 that beat me with same size tires powered out instead of spinning, and this guy ran and won open class with the same tractor
cotncrzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2013 at 10:41am
Around here Farm Stock means... Out of the field, factory tires and rims, no components removed to lighten, factory mounted weights. What you are doing is considered Antique class around here. That must of been one heck of a track. I have been on one in my career like that, choked us in the 3500 and 4000 but I am running 34" rubber. The last time we pulled it in farmstock we went to 6000# and spun out. Sometimes tracks can bite you but don't over look simple things and be deceived! When we got home from the pull a week ago the tractor seemed to spit and spudder when we unloaded it. I had just replaced the plugs, wires, cap and button. Upon pre pull checking I discovered the rotor button was burned up, along with the center of the dist. cap. Whether the MSD is doing it or just junk parts I don't know, it had only made like 6 passes down the track. I guess I take it to the extreme but I don't want to beat myself I always check throttle linkage, plugs, most of the time shoot the timing, along with tire pressure and use an equalizer line to "balance them.   
C, WD45,WD puller, 185, 200, 7060 Red Belly, 7060 Black Belly,8010, and a R52 Gleaner, AND PROUD OF THEM!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic